My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there.
So I just bought a 2019 Compass Sport manual transmission and have trouble starting it, first I have to fully press the clutch to start but also the acceleration pedal because it won’t start with out it. Is it normal? Is it because it’s new? Please help

·
Registered
181 Posts
Need to ask yourself is that normal with any other manual car. If not then take it to the dealership.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The clutch pressing sounds OK as they might not want you accidentally start in gear. The accelerator petal does not sound correct....take it to the dealer. Maybe a throttle position sensor issue is going on.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Obviously it is not normal. You have diesel or gasoline engine? Either way I would suspect you have some bad quality or contaminated fuel, is that common for your country/area? Diesels in particular can be picky about their fuel and not all diesel is created anywhere near equal. Gasoline is often contaminated with water or mixed with too much ethanol and then runs poorly as well. Make sure you are using fuel of a type and grade that matches what your owner's manual specifies for your particular motor. Make sure wherever you are getting fuel from that it is quality fuel.

If you eliminate fuel as a cause of issue then then car needs to go to the dealership for diagnosis and repair.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all! I took it to the dealership and a part of the gasoline pump is damaged, they’re asking for a new one and it’ll be part of the guarantee

1 - 5 of 5 Posts