My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 2007 4wd compass. Has 222,500 miles and runs great. Owned it 2 days and I've changed all four struts, a swaybar link, and serpentine belt. Was scared a little of the miles, but after 2 wranglers with over 200k and a Cherokee with 313k I know I'm in the right brand. Love working on jeeps. Beats a 5 year monthly payment.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Seems you're definitely a Jeep enthusiast ! I like it. You don't see people too often go from Wranglers and Cherokees to a Compass. What was the thought process behind that?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems you're definitely a Jeep enthusiast ! I like it. You don't see people too often go from Wranglers and Cherokees to a Compass. What was the thought process behind that?
I live in northern Michigan and set out to buy another Cherokee, but here there almost all rusted junk. My hard wheeling days are behind me, or at least on hold till my kids quit being so expensive, and I didn't wanna stray from the brand so I researched what Jeeps were lasting the test of time and were cheap and compasses and patriots were it. Plenty good enough car for 2 tracking with the family, and at 222k I seem to get to work on it every day like my Cherokees and Wranglers LOL!!. Today was a no start at the auto part store, and tomorrow sway bar bushings, yesterday was all four struts and a serp belt. Then next week an alignment, one thing I can't do😞

·
Registered
272 Posts
LOL so you definitely like to keep your hands busy huh haha!! But oh man, I hate when something comes up that I have to take the car to a shop for, such as alignments or tire changes (they never let me do it myself for obvious reasons lol)

What was the cause of the no-start ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just bad/ coroded terminal connectors. It happened at the parts store, so I was able to buy new ones and fix it in the parking lot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts