My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to owning a 2016 Jeep Compass. I don't know that I would like to keep it considering we are already having issues with it, and we just purchased it Feb 9, 2017. We are having an issue with a loud sound in the engine when you are in drive and when you are stopped at a light or stop sign. As soon as you start or press the accelerator it goes away. I don't know if this is normal or what the problem is. If anyone has had the same issue please let me know what you did to fix it. Every bit of help is appreciated. We only have 30,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
162 Posts
If it's newly purchased, than it should still be covered under factory. I have no idea why it would make that sound so it may be best to bring it to your dealership and have them take a look at it.

Only time I've experienced this is in cars in general is during cold winter startups when I don't warm up the car properly.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Really hard to diagnose from that description alone. What does the sound.. well sound like? In what conditions are they happening. etc. But best answer would be to go to the dealer and get them to diagnose it as it should be covered.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts