My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

Found this site while researching a rack and pinion repair my wife's 09 Compass requires.

We own a 09 Compass north Edition (Sport) and 08 JK Rubicon.

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Welcome to the forum, glad you joined in, tell us more about you, your ride and where from....etc!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome.

We are in Calgary and the Compass is just a North Edition 4X4, nothing extra done. I save the mods for the Rubi.

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Hope it warmed up...........I was there 2 weeks ago on a ski trip to Banff and it was a cool -36 one morning..........

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum, glad to have you! Were you able to find what you were looking for on the rack and pinion? What seems to be the problem there? Great people and info here, so any help you need, just ask and I hope you enjoy the site! :)

- Cherokee

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Welcome Anjy.....tell us more about your ride and yourself.......

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Welcome anjy and congrats on your Compass. We definitely, we want to hear more about you and your ride!

- Cherokee

·
Registered
4 Posts
hello,

newbie here, i own a 2007 Jeep Compass FWD, nothing extra just your basic power window, power door locks, a/c etc...looking forward to buy the new and improved 2011 Compass, i think it looks great and what i like about the new one is the new and improved quieter ride.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Hello JRam and welcome to the forum, glad to have you aboard! So you've test driven the 2011? I'd like to do that myself just to see how they compare. Great people and info here, so feel free to post up and I hope you enjoy the site! :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
4 Posts
hiya cherokee

thanks for the welcome and no i haven't test driven the new one yet, i don't think i need to cuz they haven't really change much for the engine, but i've sat in the new one heheheeeee, and it feels nice.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I test drove a used 2008 recently (comparing CVT operation to mine) at a dealer. I can say I heard the difference and saw the interior plastic and finish was much poorer. The 2009 certainly an improvement inside and quieter. If they pushed it further and got the engine quieter with better fuel economy then that would be something.

With the same power train they are claiming 6MPG more in both 2010 & 2011. HOW? I am struggling to get 30MPG (that CND Gallons eh...ha ha)

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
I have to agree, I like what they're doing with the interiors on the new vehicles, much nicer and better quality materials, even in the trucks.

- Cherokee

·
Registered
4 Posts
has anyone ever tried to change the stock side mirrors on a compass with turn signal lights on a side mirror? I was thinking maybe to change it on the new 2011 compass when i get mine. What do you all think???? need feedback, thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Never attempted it, but you'd think that would be standard equipment by now lol. I personally like them, easier for other drivers to see. There's also the option of just adding LED strips to the mirrors rather than swapping out the whole mirror.

- Cherokee

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
If I read the spec sheet correctly on the build at least with North Edition. Heated mirrors are now included. As Cherokee says you'd think they'd have added that to the mirrors as well since additional wiring is necessary. But NO, not surprising with FIAT behind it. What do they know about snow and those type of safety features.

As for around here there are far far too many yahoo's who don't use their signal lights as it is and it a guessing game whether or not to turn into the traffic or that they going to turn off.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts