My Jeep Compass Forum banner

New To The Compass

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  afrank 
#1 ·
Hello! Recently bought a 2017 High Altitude. Looking to add some upgrades to it such as a tow hitch for a luggage rack and a roof basket/rack. Also, looking into getting black inserts for the grill....trying not to plastidip but if you've had a good experience with it; let me know. We are avid campers and look froward to enjoying this smooth ride on our next adventure. Would also like to look into some all-terrain tires and a lift. Please post any pictures, links or comments that can help or to just show off your Jeep. Thanks!

#2 ·
Welcome!

May I offer some friendly advice: if you're new to the Compass, please keep a close eye on your oil level. A significant minority of the 2nd generation Compasses use a LOT of oil, as in <1000 miles/quart. I've had a 2018 and a 2019 -- the 2018 drank oil, the 2019 is fine. Maybe you'll be OK, but check it often so you don't run into problems. Might be smart to keep a quart or two with you.

And again, welcome!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.