My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

At 1:10pm EST tomorrow (Wednesday, Jan. 19th, 2011) I will take possession of my 2007 Jeep Compass Sport / North Edition.

I've been eyeballing these vehicles for 2 years now, and finally decided now was the right time to buy one, and I saw one I absolutely wanted, so I went for it.

I'm sure you'll see me posting noob questions, like how to swap out the factory deck, what performance modifications I can do to it, etc... but until then..

Hello!

Regards,
Mat.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Total warm welcome to you.
Hope your new Compass gives every bit as much satisfaction as my own.
Make sure you have a complete vehicle inspection and if you are getting it from a dealership you might consider extended used car warranty.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am getting it from a dealership, but declined warranty coverage, as it's at 68,000 KM currently and supposedly only has PT warranty on it until 100K. I figure that's about a year away, and if anything major will happen to it, it'll happen before then.

The laws in Ontario that the vehicle being purchased from a dealership cannot be sold without a 'safety' which is essentially an inspection that has to meet certain criteria.

I'm going to love my Compass, I just hope she's ready for the new toys I'm going to put in her.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Hey there Mat and welcome to the forum, glad to have you join us! Congrats on your Copmpass, definitely want to see some pics when you can, we'd love to see your new ride! Mods always get my attention lol, so what do you have in mind for it? Lots of potential there for sure! Great people and info here, so any help you need, just ask and I hope you enjoy the site! :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome, Cherokee.

My first mod will be adding a CD / DVD / Navi system. The deck themselves, that I've found, go for ~$800-$1000 which is a bit steep right away, but maybe in a month or two.

What other mods would you suggest? I want her to be classy, not trashy. Spinners, underglow, disco balls.. dumb stuff like that does NOT grab my attention and will NOT be anywhere near my Compass.

Slight chrome additions, perhaps... Again, the navi system. Perhaps a small amount of lift? It's the minor stuff I want to focus on to make her a classy girl.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
I agree with ya on the "crazy stuff," not for me, either lol, fuzzy dice don't count as mods. A little extra chrome is not a bad thing, looks nice when tastefully done and in moderation, IMO. Another member here, OffTheWall, has done some nice chrome mods. Are you interested in maybe checking into some performance mods?

- Cherokee

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd get a pair of fuzzy dice with no questions asked, lol!

MY Compass is straight black with alloy rims, I believe. Nothing shiny, which is nice, but it could use a bit of 'attention grabbing power', which is where maybe a chrome grille would come in? Though maybe not.

Performance mods? Hells yes. First would be a cold air intake based on what performance mods I've read. My compass is the 2.4L CVT trans version. I've heard anywhere to an extra 40-75KM with a Cold air system is possible. After that, not sure what other performance mods I'd need. Anything to give the vehicle extra power / better fuel efficiency is what I'd consider.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
I think a chrome grille would look great, really stands out on a black Compass. There's also under the hood, too. You could paint the engine cover, but that's the cool thing about mods, you can do as little or as much as you like, whatever suits your taste, but me, I like to see what people do to personalize their ride. A CAI is a great start, an engine that breathes better performs better.

- Cherokee

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What would you recommend as a brand for a CAI mod?

Also, would you recommend painting the brakes? I've seen it done, just not sure I'd do it on a compass. I'd have to see one to imagine it, I guess.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
What would you recommend as a brand for a CAI mod?

Also, would you recommend painting the brakes? I've seen it done, just not sure I'd do it on a compass. I'd have to see one to imagine it, I guess.
Glad to hear you got your Compass, bring on the pics when you can!!! As for CAI's, I prefer K&N, but any open type filter to me is preferred over box styles like Volant as actual true cold air intakes.

Absolutely you can paint your brake calipers, lots of folks do that and, like mowgli said, you don't have to be flashy if you prefer a toned down look but still different. There's also the painted muffler mod.......the list goes on and on lol, but the mod bug can be pretty persistent! :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
222 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
That last part sounded horribly wrong, and I didn't mean it like that at all, haha. Just a heads up. :)
Well all I can say is good luck. We'll seeing more posts from you on you Compass.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts