My Jeep Compass Forum banner

New UNLIMITED Warranty For Chrysler Products

5K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Neely2005 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Bad news! I've just been told by my Chrysler dealer that the new warranty is only for the USA - Canada is getting screwed again! (Just like on the Compass pricing considering that the Canadian dollar is now worth about 95 cents US)

:evil:

#4 ·
That sucks... what difference should it make what country?! Especially between Canada and US, everything is pretty much the same. At least I dont feel so bad because when I first read that, I was really disappointed that I didn't wait!

#5 ·
Good and bad news! The vehicle must be checked every 5 years, and proof of scheduled work done. Good news is that if your like me we have a 1996 Dodge Neon with 196,000 miles and if this Neon came with the limited Lifetime warranty our Neon would still be covered. :D
However this DOES NOT cover alternator,power steering etc. Only direct powertrain stuff as the Jeep hotline told me. :roll: :D
DCX is not doing anything they don't think they will come out ahead on. Remember this is not transferable. Most drivers do not hold on to a vehicle more than 3 years. The odds are still in DCX's favor. :evil:
So really Canada just avoided a big sales move, sounds good, but proberly not :oops:

#6 ·
farout said:
Good and bad news! The vehicle must be checked every 5 years, and proof of scheduled work done. Good news is that if your like me we have a 1996 Dodge Neon with 196,000 miles and if this Neon came with the limited Lifetime warranty our Neon would still be covered. :D
However this DOES NOT cover alternator,power steering etc. Only direct powertrain stuff as the Jeep hotline told me. :roll: :D
DCX is not doing anything they don't think they will come out ahead on. Remember this is not transferable. Most drivers do not hold on to a vehicle more than 3 years. The odds are still in DCX's favor. :evil:
So really Canada just avoided a big sales move, sounds good, but proberly not :oops:
The last stats that I saw said that Canadians keep their cars for about 5+ years before buying a new one.

If you sell the car the buyer would still get the old 3 Year / 36000 Mile Warranty on the Power Terrain.

What Canada did was get screwed - again.

:evil:

#7 ·
Do you Canadains have a sales tax there, on food and all most everything else. If so what is the %. What about car insurance how expensive is it up there?
We hear very little about what goes on in Canada/ It seems to me that both governments need to be more involved and working together. I have never been to Canada. However I have been to Mexico City about 5 times on mission trips.
I met a missionary in Boliva, he was a Canadian Baptist, Paul Stade. I spent two weeks on Lake Titti Caca the highest fresh water lake in the world.

#8 ·
farout said:
Do you Canadains have a sales tax there, on food and all most everything else. If so what is the %. What about car insurance how expensive is it up there?
We hear very little about what goes on in Canada/ It seems to me that both governments need to be more involved and working together. I have never been to Canada. However I have been to Mexico City about 5 times on mission trips.
I met a missionary in Boliva, he was a Canadian Baptist, Paul Stade. I spent two weeks on Lake Titti Caca the highest fresh water lake in the world.
Yes we have Sales Tax - Federal is 6% & Provincial (State in the US) ranges from 0% in Alberta to 8% in Ontario where I live.

Car insurance is all over the place. You can get an idea of what we pay here:

http://www.insurancehotline.com

We have Free Trade with the USA & Mexico but somehow when you compare prices on pretty much everything (Take the Compass for example) we're being charged as if our Canadian Dollar is worth 70 Cents US but it's actually worth about 95 Cents US.

Good to hear about your missionary work - that's great of you! My sister did that twice in the past too.

#9 ·
I just bought my 07 Compass Limited last week(alot of crap going on with it) but the warranty states I need to have the car check out once a year 60 days prior to anniversary date of purchase. As for regular maintenance they have not provided a documentation on that(kinda weird) I have once sheet of paper about it. Can I add attachments or should i just paste in this field? Let me know

Biggens

#10 ·
Sorry.

I just wanted to check. The Lifetime warranty includes Jeep? I know Chrysler is splitting and then I haven't seen an advertisement for the Jeep Lifetime Warranty...

Can anyone confirm this?
I guess I could just call the dealer, but I thought I'd check with you guys first. I would seriously consider trading in or selling my 2007 to buy and 08 (Rallye Edition) lol

#12 ·
unitinbypass said:
I just bought my 07 Compass Limited last week(alot of crap going on with it) but the warranty states I need to have the car check out once a year 60 days prior to anniversary date of purchase. As for regular maintenance they have not provided a documentation on that(kinda weird) I have once sheet of paper about it. Can I add attachments or should i just paste in this field? Let me know

Biggens
If you're talking about the New Unlimited Power Terrain Warranty it's Every 5 Years that you need to get it checked out (for free) Not every year.

:!:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.