My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my Jeep compass about two weeks ago.(limited 4x4) Just wondering if anyone here drives in high volume traffic city driving. I have be getting at most 15-16 mpg city. (new york) I was hoping to be getting more like 20. Is this due to the break in period, or is traffic that much of a killer

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm in the Dallas area, and yes I am not getting the results I had hoped for, at least I am getting a little better than you, I am getting 18 MPG

Maybe we need to move up to the great white north where all these guys are posting great MPG :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am getting maybe 27MPG on the highway but less than a 1000 miles on the clock. I have not checked the city milage but I don't expect its much better than 20. I think my wife trreats the go pedal like a switch :shock: . In July we are taking it up to Nova Scotia and I will be checking it closely.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think I could handle moving up north. I hate the cold :lol:

I'm taking a three hour trip this weekend. Maybe the long highway drive will losen her up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
mileage

I'm getting 25-26 mpg with a best of 28. I drive 42 miles a day on the freeway in a green 4X4 sport, 2.4,CVT II. For The First 3,4 thousand miles 22 was average, if I was careful 26 was possible. Now with 6000 mi. the mileage is what I hoped for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts