My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new and thought I'd come over here and introduce myself. I bought myself an 09 compass in Nov. I haven't done any accessorizing, mostly because a truck backed into me and I'm waiting to go through the shop, but plan on it soon. Hope to find some good information here.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
yeah, it sucks. I took some pictures at work tonight of the $4000 damage. I did get a chance to off road a bit with it before then though. Being from a farm and a trades person it gives me a good balance for work.

Attachments

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
compass update

Phase one of my upgrades is almost complete. The exterior is almost completely done. I've added black grill inserts, bug deflector and vent visors. I had a class 3 hitch installed with 4 pin wiring but I have an upgrade to 4 and 7 pin like on the libertys going on in the next few days. I bought tail light guards for it as well. Under the hood I have an oil cooler and K&N cold air intake. My headlights and fog lights have been switched out for PIAA bulbs which are so much better for night driving. I'm looking at a high flow muffler for later this month as well. Inside the jeep this month I have a 1000W amp and Boston G2 subs going in. I also had installed dual cigarette lighters, the one in the front is powered all the time and the one in the back is switched for my beacon when I use it. All in all I think it's coming together quite well. I'll try to have some pics put up soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's not doing too bad. The only thing i'm not happy with is the mileage I get with it. I'm only getting 300-350Km per tank. I'm a tradesman and use my jeep for some work so some of my customizing thoughts are a powder coated piece of aluminum on the rear gate to protect it from scratches that are appearing. I also need some more lighting on the front for working in the dark, something on the roof would be ok too. I found a 12v bluetooth mic that I would like to install to use as well as my CB that is yet to be installed. I still have a long way to go before i'm done working on it.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I used to be really into CB radios, and I am sparking an intrest again. The problem is with newer compact vehicles there seems to be no decent way to mount up a radio. I'm talking full sized Uniden SSB radio, and where are you going to mount a good antenna? I'm open to explore this subject because it sounds like fun! I'm keying in on the CB radio thing, but have other modification intrests too, like installing some mud flaps.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you look up cobra they have a compact radio that you can mount in the dash and all the controls are on the mic. I was looking at doing either a hood mount on the drivers side or a custom mount on the back above the tail light for the antenna.

As for mud flaps, I always end up ripping them off when I'm either driving into ditches or through fields. They end up costing me more money than they're worth me keeping.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I haven't played with the little ones so i'm not sure how good they are. I already have my full size and haven't figured out where to put it yet. Everywhere I look is either difficult to reach or there's stuff in the way. I'm not exactly sure where the best place is yet.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Jeepster I've been thinking about the CB thing and want to pass a thought by you. How possible do you think it is to have it installed underneath the head unit? If the stock head unit is swapped out for a smaller unit and it **if** it was possible to find a mount kit that allowed for a double mounting it might work. I've been working till 3am lately so it might just be a goofy thought but what do you think?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That was my thought too. I have a friend who does CNC work for the military, maybe he can make some custom brackets if nothing else. I'll have to dig out my radio to get some measurements for it.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Everyone,

It's been a good two years since I bought my compass and because of changing needs the time has come to get rid of it. On monday I will go out and pick up my new dodge ram quad cab. I'll miss the little compass and the fun I had driving it. Good luck to everyone and have fun with your compasses.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Wow, sure sorry to hear this, but excellent choice in trucks, congrats! Don't be a stranger, still hope to see you around here from time to time! :)

- Cherokee

1 - 16 of 16 Posts