My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I can say the tire pressure system works, Friday I left work and it started blinking that my rear drivers side tire was low, but I thought it might just be from the sudden weather change AGAIN.

So the next day we get ready to go shopping and it says the tire is down to 16 PSI.

Sure nuff, after searching the tire I found a nail stuck in one of the threads and I did the water trick and yep air was leaking from it.

I took it to get it patched and what they found was a 3 1/2 nail.

Not even 2k miles on the tires yet but at least they were able to do a patch job on it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
What's up with that???

When I left the dealer with my brand new less than 40k Compass, the same thing happened! The warning bell happened, and the tire pressure kept going down! I turned around, and by the time I got back to the dealer, the tire was at 11psi. They didn't find a nail, but did find a puncture. They pushed me to front of the line, and replaced the tire.

As for the sensors and cold weather....they are not the greatest, but that's in -37C temps. It frequently goes to the warning bell, but fixes itself within 5 min or so of driving.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I can relate. I got about a 3 inch screw embedded in my front driver's side somehow on the trip to NY during Thanksgiving weekend, however it worked itself loose while I was on the NJ turnpike on the way back to Maryland and my tire was slowly leaking. Good thing that I had the TPMS display up which alerted me to the low pressure and allowed me to exit the turnpike and get the tire patched up at Sears in NJ before I ran on flat tires.

·
Registered
137 Posts
D-Train said:
Good thing that I had the TPMS display up which alerted me to the low pressure and allowed me to exit the turnpike and get the tire patched up at Sears in NJ before I ran on flat tires.
I can't agree more! I'm totally happy that I have that feature!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts