My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 07 compass 2.4L with front wheel drive and a 5 speed tranny. i have a maganflow cat back on there with a QTP electric cut out before the muffler after the cat, i also have the AEM brute force intake and i lowered my jeep with the eibach pro lowering kit. The lowering kit says around 1.4inches drop all around but after it settles its a clean 2in if not more. i plan on spraying my motor with a 50 shot of nitrous. i spoke with a few people who know a lot about this subject and was reasured my motor would handle it and since i lowred the car it made my half-shafts sit more evenly allowing them to take more torqure and power without breaking. does anyone have anything to add or comment on the subject i would love to know if others agree with me or think its not a good idea at all.

·
Registered
315 Posts
If you do add nitrous please video tape it, i wanna see what these engines do when they get wrecked. 1) there should be a engine management system when using nos, when you add in nos you need to add more fuel. There are no fuel controllers or "chips" available so that isnt an option. Even if you do try it and the engine doesnt blow up, i bet there will be internal damage from pre-detonation.

2) if you go look on the nos website they have 50 shot cheater kits, these work with carborated low compression V8 engines. so best of luck if you try it in your compass.

·
Registered
52 Posts
what is QTP electric cut for ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nitrous.

Well for one. Hes right you will need a better fuel management ratio. Nitrous is like throwing gas on an already lit fire, but what many dont understand is the damage that it will do to your motor. I know many people who run nitrous, and on top of most of their rigs costing over 20,000$ some parts are useless after 2-3 sprays.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I agree. Nitrous is some pretty wicked stuff. I had a civic with 100HP shot and while it was fun, it was costly. Internal parts just aren't made for that much combustion. Recently, I installed a 25HP dry system in a friends wrangler. We drilled a hole in the intake line just after the MAF (don't bother with the ZEX nitrous air filter deal- destroys the MAF). This works well and has been used when in deep mud and you need just a little extra push.

25HP nitrous = not a problem for the engine. 50HP+ = potential problems especially with our compass's CVT.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts