My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So according to 2 dealers here in the US, chrysler does not offer loaner cars for when your car has a valid under warranty problem and needs to stay in the shop for the day. Only IF you buy the extended coverage. This is VERY irritating and would think its just good business to offer such a thing. Any thoughts?? :mad:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
It depends on the problem but the dealers manager and I mean service manager CAN provide that. Insurance is always extra though. I have been offered a few times only accepted it once though for my tranny swap.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I should clarify that they did offer a "shuttle" however it seemed inconvenient and they didnt realize i lived 20 miles from the dealer. So I am disappointed with Jeep. So many other makes offer such a service. I still like my car but am just disgusted with that.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I should clarify that they did offer a "shuttle" however it seemed inconvenient and they didnt realize i lived 20 miles from the dealer. So I am disappointed with Jeep. So many other makes offer such a service. I still like my car but am just disgusted with that.
few manufacturers actually offer a free loaner car with warranty work, jeep is no different. there are some, but the percentage is low.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
It does suck they don't at least offer, as a courtesy or good business, but I know with my truck, I wasn't covered for a loaner vehicle until I bought the Chrysler Maxcare warranty.

- Cherokee

·
Registered
25 Posts
My dealer, Dick Scott of Plymouth MI, gave us an Enterprise Chrysler minivan for the 11 days our '08 Compass was in their shop getting the CVT tranny replaced at 75k miles, earlier this summer ('12). Thank the Lord for the "Lifetime Drivetrain Warranty" the 2008's came with! We have NO extended warranty.

The dealer had to try a few "fixes" at the bequest of Chrysler, but then convinced them that our tranny was definitely defective - thus the 11 day "stay". We were well satisfied with our treatment by this dealer, and 5k miles later, the Compass is driving A-OK!

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
My dealer, Dick Scott of Plymouth MI, gave us an Enterprise Chrysler minivan for the 11 days our '08 Compass was in their shop getting the CVT tranny replaced at 75k miles, earlier this summer ('12). Thank the Lord for the "Lifetime Drivetrain Warranty" the 2008's came with! We have NO extended warranty.

The dealer had to try a few "fixes" at the bequest of Chrysler, but then convinced them that our tranny was definitely defective - thus the 11 day "stay". We were well satisfied with our treatment by this dealer, and 5k miles later, the Compass is driving A-OK!
That was a USA only offer. Having said that its still not a lot of miles for a tranny and should not have failed. They don't heat up like a regular tranny andl likely due to design/reliability. Oh well, I am on #2 here and keeping my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
434 Posts

For those of you unfamiliar with it - the "Lifetime Drivetrain Warranty" didn't include rental. The dealer (or Chrysler) must have offered it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts