My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so I was wondering if anyone has had the problem I am having. I have a 2013 Jeep Compass and for the past few days I’ve been having trouble with it starting. The car will have absolutely no power at all. No dash lights, head lights, nothing and I try to start it and it will not even turn over. Then randomly it will regain power and start fine. I have had the battery, alternator, and ignition checked and they all came back fine. I have no idea what is going on.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey guys so I was wondering if anyone has had the problem I am having. I have a 2013 Jeep Compass and for the past few days I’ve been having trouble with it starting. The car will have absolutely no power at all. No dash lights, head lights, nothing and I try to start it and it will not even turn over. Then randomly it will regain power and start fine. I have had the battery, alternator, and ignition checked and they all came back fine. I have no idea what is going on.
I posted this ounce before but it was a lesson learned and worth repeating.
My 2000 Grand Cherokee did the same, after 5yrs & 100k mi,..just randomly no start, no click, click, nothing. Drove me nuts after it happened 6 times in a year. One of the forums saved me after I googled the model, no start, dead with battery good. One of the posts, a guy said his main battery ground, bolted on the engine block felt tight but was NOT.
Sure enough, I leaned on the bolt with a long box wrench and SNAP!...no it didn’t break...it tightened a 1/2 turn! (It was “gauled?” “Frozen?”) whatever....but it was a poor connection.
I would always start troubleshooting by checking all major connections.
Good Luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts