My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I go for a drive, even a very short one, when I get out I hear this tick tick tick tick, comming from under the car.
I am assuming it is the catalitic(sp?) converter just cooling down cause it's new and not broken in yet. Anyone else hearing this.
Also do you guys up there in the great white north have the emissions controls like they do down here?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Common Thing

In regards to the tick tick sound my 1999 Ford does the same thing. I worried about it originally but hasn't caused any issues. Happens more on Hot or Cold Days - days when AC or Heat would be used - although personnaly I find the sound much worse in the summer.

Not sure on the emmisions.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I heard it the other night for the first. It doesn't register as a problem for me. The Compass is just doing something it is supposed to do.

·
Registered
9 Posts
flybynight_x1 said:
Also do you guys up there in the great white north have the emissions controls like they do down here?
Not yet that I know of, but it should be on the way.

·
Registered
208 Posts
flybynight_x1 said:
When I go for a drive, even a very short one, when I get out I hear this tick tick tick tick, comming from under the car.
I am assuming it is the catalitic(sp?) converter just cooling down cause it's new and not broken in yet. Anyone else hearing this.
that is normal, nothing to worry about.

We do not have emissions testing across canada, but do in some provinces.

Our setup on a new vehicle would be the same as the US though for original equipment on emissions controls, in virtually all cases.

The main difference here (alberta) is many people pull the cats off or put aftermarket systems in and never answer to any regulatory body for it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[quote="ACX]The main difference here (alberta) is many people pull the cats off or put aftermarket systems in and never answer to any regulatory body for it.[/quote]

We can't get away with that here in Texas, they are very strict :(

·
Registered
208 Posts
[quote="flybynight_x1We can't get away with that here in Texas, they are very strict :([/quote]

YEah I worked in Cali for a while and same thing, you need to get it smogged evry so often.

My last 2 turbo cars (dodge neon srt4 and subaru forester 2.5XT) had straight through turbo back systems. They were fast and MEGA loud. When the compass shows up I'll probably look for a catback system but this one will be for nice easy driving more than the speed (and loud) game. :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts