My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,199 Posts
I'm thinking mine runs about 150F but I'm not sure. I'll check tomorrow and let you know. I'm guessing it could be sensitive to the outside temperature.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Yeah it depends on ambient temp and how you are using it (driving unloaded vs pulling a trailer) but in the neighborhood of 140-150 sounds right when fully warmed up in average conditions.

·
Super Moderator
1,199 Posts
I promised to get back to you. I checked mine today. This is a warm day by winter standards -- about 35F and the transmission was running around 130F after it was warmed up, so 150F in the summer seems about right. However it did take a while to get to that temperature, like about 30 miles. The engine warms up must faster.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello! To follow up on this, I purchased a 2019 Jeep Compass Latitude. Everything is fine but while playing with the screens I noticed the transmission temperature seemed high at 225F. Mind you I live in Texas were on a normal summer day it can get around 105F. I use it for normal driving no towing or driving on rocky terrain. The temperature varies from 150 to 200 throughout the day and so far no trans temp light warning has turned on. I just want to know if anyone out there has as high temperatures as me.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Not sure I've ever seen the transmission at 225 but I don't look much either unless towing. Definitely seen the coolant at 225 a few times during hot summer which never seems to bother it.

·
Super Moderator
1,199 Posts
I've not meditated on my tranny temp but I have glanced at it a few times. Seems to run around 155F in the summer -- that's high 80s or low 90s F during June, July & August.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello .I have my compass 2020 and today i noticed the temperature of transmission is 72 c .any one can tell me if that is a problem or normal?

·
Super Moderator
1,199 Posts
Welcome! My transmission runs about 155F so that equals 68C. You're in a much warmer climate than I am so I think yours is about right. Only thing I might suggest is that you change your tranny fluid a little more frequently. Heat breaks it down faster.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Mohammed, Egypt I'm sure can get hot during the summer. I live in Texas and mine gets as hot as 200F(93 C). We normally have days that can get as hot as 110F(43 C) but from what I gathered it's normal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts