My Jeep Compass Forum banner

Normal trans temp

25K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  agirlonthego 
#1 ·
What is the normal transmission temperature for a 2019 compass

#5 ·
I promised to get back to you. I checked mine today. This is a warm day by winter standards -- about 35F and the transmission was running around 130F after it was warmed up, so 150F in the summer seems about right. However it did take a while to get to that temperature, like about 30 miles. The engine warms up must faster.

#6 ·
Hello! To follow up on this, I purchased a 2019 Jeep Compass Latitude. Everything is fine but while playing with the screens I noticed the transmission temperature seemed high at 225F. Mind you I live in Texas were on a normal summer day it can get around 105F. I use it for normal driving no towing or driving on rocky terrain. The temperature varies from 150 to 200 throughout the day and so far no trans temp light warning has turned on. I just want to know if anyone out there has as high temperatures as me.

#10 ·
Welcome! My transmission runs about 155F so that equals 68C. You're in a much warmer climate than I am so I think yours is about right. Only thing I might suggest is that you change your tranny fluid a little more frequently. Heat breaks it down faster.

#17 ·
Engine temp? These engines are set to run at 190-195. Even on cold days (-30F) mine eventually gets to 190+F though it may take 20-30 miles to get there, and on hot days (90F) I don't think I've ever seen it over 200F.

My tranny runs 150-160F most of the time. It's probably going to be many months before I have a day hot enough to check the high end again.

#20 ·
My 2019 has the 6 speed manual transmission. Apparently, it doesn't have a transmission temperature screen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.