My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 2013 Jeep Compass for almost 6 months but have had nothing but problems.

The first problem (high pitched whistling noise coming from engine department) occurred on only the second day I had the car. Dealership tried to fix it twice then on the the third try they ended up calling in a special mechanic from the dealership; they had my car for 3 weeks. Mind you, they fixed/replaced several things, all of which I can't remember off the top of my head but I'm sure my mechanic husband could.

The second problem started last week, whenever I'd turn the steering wheel left I'd hear a noise coming from the engine area. Took the car in and they said it was because my power steering fluid was low.

The third problem occurred the other day as well but it went away so I didn't think anything of it, however, upon starting the car today at the dealership I heard a loud noise coming from the engine area. I called the service writer out and had him check it out. Needless to say, I left the car there for repair and drove home in the loaner which is an avenger and I actually like driving that car!

I'm so frustrated! I called the Chrysler Group LLC Customer care line to see what my options are. The lady was very nice and called the dealership to ensure my vehicle was properly repaired. Their # 877-426-5337. I sincerely hope I do not have more problems but based on the vehicle's history it's not looking promising.:rules:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Calling customer care at this stage was the right move. If not earlier. Said to say you could be into a number of gremlins popping up as I had. Many took 3-7 visits or attempts to fix. Some they would not fix saying it was normal. LOL

Further if the fluid was low. Why, must be a leak in the rack and pinion and that's a costly part.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts