My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, im new here so I don't know if this problem has been posted yet. My wife has a 2008 compass 2.4 liter. I changed out the spark plugs this weekend and noticed oil on them all around the spark plugs thread. I also noticed it outside the spark plug "cable/tube" whatever its called. But anyway I was wondering if anybody else has experienced this? I called a mechanic and explained and he said it sounds like I got a bad gasket and its leaking oil onto the spark plugs. Any info will help, thanks!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hi, im new here so I don't know if this problem has been posted yet. My wife has a 2008 compass 2.4 liter. I changed out the spark plugs this weekend and noticed oil on them all around the spark plugs thread. I also noticed it outside the spark plug "cable/tube" whatever its called. But anyway I was wondering if anybody else has experienced this? I called a mechanic and explained and he said it sounds like I got a bad gasket and its leaking oil onto the spark plugs. Any info will help, thanks!
picture will help!

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Change your own oil and filter. Then it won't happen.
The garage spilling oil out around the fill hole. The is a plastic block in there and you can't get the funnel in very far. You have to pour slowly. Probably have oil over the top of the engine and it ran down into the deep plug holes. You can pull the plastic cover off and see likely oil all around on top.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts