My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
yes I was interested to see the numbers.

On a percentage basis, the compass and caliber seem to be more popular here than in the US. Not for total sales, but sales versus market size.

To speak specifically to the compass. Everyone here knows it is a solid vehicle and a great value, but I think it has a couple things holding it back.

1)It is a departure from what "jeep" has traditionally been and the styling is avant garde.

2)Chrysler is in a position of having overproduced vehicles in 2006, now has some serious incentives on the table. I think this is affecting the new models, compass specifically. For example, go onto the lots and you can get 6-10k off sticker of a new Liberty, Grand Cherokee and Commander with 0% financing for 60-72 months which is tempting for alot of buyers.

I think with a little more time on the market, consumer education and with the flushing of the excess 06 inventory things will pick up.

I know I have been waiting impatiently now for 3 weeks since I ordered ours. IT is a great little vehicle. 8)

·
Registered
68 Posts
6-10k

R U SERIOUS on 6-10 K?

I know of 3500 on the cherokee but 6-10 seems a bit much.

My thing with the compass is this. There is no car at 20k with 4 WD. NONE. ZIP. I dont like the limited for the money they want. I think it falls short on fit and finish comparied to other vehicles around 28-32k. (vibe/matrix/imprezza/rav4/cx-7)

I havent been in to negiotiate yet cause they are still short on stock here and i'm not going to bother with only one on the lot. But if they offer 6k off a liberty and 0% for 60 then myjeepliberty.com here I come. (Renegade Style)-

·
Registered
208 Posts
Re: 6-10k

CompassFan said:
R U SERIOUS on 6-10 K?

I know of 3500 on the cherokee but 6-10 seems a bit much.

My thing with the compass is this. There is no car at 20k with 4 WD. NONE. ZIP. I dont like the limited for the money they want. I think it falls short on fit and finish comparied to other vehicles around 28-32k. (vibe/matrix/imprezza/rav4/cx-7)

I havent been in to negiotiate yet cause they are still short on stock here and i'm not going to bother with only one on the lot. But if they offer 6k off a liberty and 0% for 60 then myjeepliberty.com here I come. (Renegade Style)-
I was looking at a liberty a couple days ago, limited stickered at 39+, on for 32 and change - a 300c srt8 was advertised 10k off sticker.. They just announced incentives totalling a potential 500 million in the US to get rid of 06s. Makes the 07s less appealing. :oops:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Re: dear god

CompassFan said:
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar ... 148/AUTO01

there is an article about the US subsidies. In canada on the 06s, we have aeroplan points, first 3 payments free (up to 1500) and other incentives.

I've always been a bit of an auto enthusiast, and I love chrysler so I keep my eye on all auto news, chrysler specifically.

The dealer network (US specifically) and Chrysler now are having some issues due to the overproduction of 06 models. They are cheesed at their VP of intl sales Joe Eberhardt who is evidently a brash guy who came over from mercedes. Lots of people put the blame on him for the state they are in. They prodcued a mess of extra vehicles that now are just sitting waiting to be sold with no orders.

These incentives will burn off in a month or 2, and then things should settle to "normal" again. It will give Chrysler a better chance to show off their new models rather than scratching to purge the inventory of 06s.

·
Registered
208 Posts
kwc said:
There is currently a $750 rebate on Compasses here in upstate NY.
yeah that seems to be across the board there.

Once the 06s are gone they should be in better shape.

Honestly the compass we priced out compared to any other baby ute was thousands cheaper and better optioned. It was literally a no brainer. even if I didn't love chrysler I would have ended up in one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts