My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my engine light was on and I check the codes. Only one initially showed C1550 which is Not in my code list of a Chilton manual. I checked under the engine hood and had finished an oil change as well. But the light is still on maybe it will clear on its own. But i decided to clear it with my read and see if it came back. However the B28 popped up right away. B indicates something with Bank 1 but nothing further and 28 also did not exist. I suspect its something to do with a dying CPS sensor on this engine.

I plan on changing it soon. Just not sure whether the OEM's are poor and aftermarket sensors are better at this time.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well these codes don't seem to exist in any database I can find even Jeep specific ones which includes the Chilton manual. It was in this state when I had the vehicle in the dealer doing the CVT fluid level check and top up due to a leaking seal. 1/2L short it appears but they never read nor told me anything about them even though their computer was connected to read temp etc to return it to the proper level. My wife did not tell me the engine light was one before and I saw it as I drove to the dealer for a quickly made appointment.

I never was impressed by the dealer and won't be returning nor buying another one. LOL

I cleared the codes with my reader since nothing is acting up and feels normal enough to me in fair drive yesterday in which the light did not come back, yet. I'll see what occurs.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turns out these are non existant codes. The result of the code reader being confused or faulty which I am not sure at this time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts