My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so my 2018 MP Compass Limited came with the basic OEM Halogen headlights (On my profile pic) and now I really want to switch them out for that OEM Bi-Xenon HID with the LED DRL (or whatever its called) you know, the fancy premium looking one. Anyways do you guys know if it Bi-Xenon ones would fit on my Compass, and if so do you guys know where I can buy them online? Thanks

Also I kind of want to do the same for my rear tailights, mine came with the basic ones where only the outer tailights light up but not the inner ones, would like to switch them out for the signature LED ones where they all light up and make that cool fancy curvy tailight line but not sure if it would be a compatible fit. Thanks

- Beltran1998

·
Registered
162 Posts
You will find that the wiring is not there in the tailgate, I suspect, to support the LED signature lighting. Nor will there be wiring for it in the front. Also, even of it was, you would need to hack into the Jeep's ECU to enable those features.

You could wire it separately to get power to them.

·
Registered
181 Posts
You will find that the wiring is not there in the tailgate, I suspect, to support the LED signature lighting. Nor will there be wiring for it in the front. Also, even of it was, you would need to hack into the Jeep's ECU to enable those features.

You could wire it separately to get power to them.
Is the big no on the front as well. The wire is different for the halogens to the LEDs. There are more pin on LEDs than there are on the halogen. I have this problem when trying to swap over as well on mine.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Is the big no on the front as well. The wire is different for the halogens to the LEDs. There are more pin on LEDs than there are on the halogen. I have this problem when trying to swap over as well on mine.
So you never got yours to work?
I have to splice pins and wires together to do this. I only have four wires from my harness the LEDs take upwards to eight I believe. Don't quote me on that. Either way I think I would need the new harness to not be scared that I was going to start a electrical fire.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Do you have the electrical wiring diagrams for he lights? The service department from my dealer will print them off when I ask. Very useful.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Do you have the electrical wiring diagrams for he lights? The service department from my dealer will print them off when I ask. Very useful.
It is the same wiring setup as the American LED light configuration. So if they have diagram showing that that would be great.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello Guys,
So I got my 2018 Trailhawk which came with regular halogen lights from the factory. I bought it used and I asked for HID headlamps while purchasing to which they agreed. It turned out to be major job than just swapping the assembly.
They already have the new headlamp assembly (HID assembly) but as others mentioned, it's not fully plug and play. The parking/turn indicator lights have separate harness and the new assembly has only single one. While they are trying to find out a solution from Jeep, I was thinking I could just splice the wire from the existing turn/parking harness to make it work. Also, regarding the ECU, does anyone know if its absolutely necessary to do that ? If yes, why is that?
I tried plugging in the socket and the new HID bulbs just worked fine. Only the parking lights are not working because of the harness.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, thanks for comments. Im close to get same fancy headlights for my Jeep Compass 2019 with halogen lights. Did any of you get them to work?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I got the Bi-Xenon Bi-Xenon headlights and as everyone said it has 7 pin connector as opposed to the 4 pin halogen housing. The plug is same, so once I hooked up the HID fired up and high beam also worked.
The parking light ( orange color) did not work as the halogen assembly has separate wire for that. I will try to splice up and see how that works. Please note, I have not changed any ECU settings.

Quick question- the lower white part below the projector, does that also lit up or that's just the reflection from the HID. Not sure, if that's the DRL ? Little confused as to why there are 3 additional pins. For the parking light, 2 should have been enough. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Then I definitely need to know the wiring diagram.
Also just noticed, sometimes the HID wouldn't turn on and after several tries ( just by pressing the Headlight switch), It works. There was a slight flicker once. Not sure, if the ECU is playing all these tricks.

·
Registered
162 Posts
So going from halogen to HID:

On the connector to the headlight (left side)
pin 2 - leave alone
pin 1 - insert relay. Relay wired to fuse F03 (20amp) and a ground
pin 3 - leave alone
pin 7 - leave alone
pin 10 - ground - not needed
pin 9 - wire up to Body Control Module connector 5 pin 40
pin 8 - goes to Body Control Module connector 4 pin 14 - remove

May want to double check what I have.

If you have the bi xenon HID without the signature LED (like Canadian Compasses from 2017 - 2018), I think that it is plug and play.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Looking to buy these OEM headlightrs on Ebay, but almost every one has broken mounting tabs. Weird. Wonder why that is?

Also wonder if maybe I could get the cheaper ones with broken mounting tabs and simply transfer everything to my current housing.

·
Registered
38 Posts
To remove Compass headlights you must to remove front bumper so maybe easier is just break mounting tabs?

·
Registered
162 Posts
That might explain things. Not easy to find used ones that don't have the mounting tabs broken.

Also, a silly design to have to take the bumper off to get at the headlights ...

·
Registered
181 Posts
Looking to buy these OEM headlightrs on Ebay, but almost every one has broken mounting tabs. Weird. Wonder why that is?

Also wonder if maybe I could get the cheaper ones with broken mounting tabs and simply transfer everything to my current housing.

Front end accidents and people not being able to find where bolts come off at. you do have to take the front bumper off it isn't all that hard though. Just tedious

1 - 19 of 19 Posts