My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hasanyone put the OEM header setup on their compass? I know that replacing the stock manifold with a tube steel header can boost 30+ hp to a vehicle, but I wanted to know if anyone on here has used them yet? Again I drive a 2010 compass sport with the cvt trans. Hope to hear something.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not yet man, its really hard to find a track or dyno place down here, but with rough math and a lot of "I thinks" I'm averaging it out somewhere between 225 and 265. Do you know of any programers for our rides? I already have an unlocked cpu and no gov. On my jeep, but I would like to be able to tune everything that I hae and am currently doing

·
Registered
315 Posts
Not yet man, its really hard to find a track or dyno place down here, but with rough math and a lot of "I thinks" I'm averaging it out somewhere between 225 and 265. Do you know of any programers for our rides? I already have an unlocked cpu and no gov. On my jeep, but I would like to be able to tune everything that I hae and am currently doing
The caliber SRT4 has 280 on a similar block with a turbo. im in the same boat as you with intake and custom exhaust, we're likely hovering around 195-215hp

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how much of a boost do you think the headers are going to give? I dont wanna dump another $400 and not get much of a pay off. I also think im gonna get a brute force stage 3 intake, instead of the custom one that I have built, its running much bigger tubing than I am right now, and Im gonna add the cyclone air piece to it to spiral air into my jeep faster

·
Registered
315 Posts
there is only one header on these engines, its on the back side. i wouldnt expect more than 5hp on the 2.4L. keep in mind that when you lower the back pressure on an exhaust system you change the torque curve of the engine. sometimes too little back pressure will have a negative effect on the engine. such as floating valves, worse fuel economy, and lower power output.

are you using the stock pipe for your custom air intake?

·
Registered
6 Posts
i am also looking for headers for my 07 compass 2.4L but i can only find them for the 2.0 does anyone know if they will fit the 2.4 or where to get them for that size motor.

·
Registered
7 Posts
A dirty little secret.

You seem like the ones chasing some engine power on this thread so I thought this relevant. As I am sure you have seen the thread on here about someone attempting to put the srt-4 motor in the jeep. Not logical because of the transmission and drivetrain set up however. Our motor is the same as the srt-4s already. Merely not forged internals or boosted. Coming from a motor family I learned you can get more power, when doing a set-up like this. Nearly everything is interchangeable.

·
Registered
6 Posts
What about swapping out a Dodge Neon SRT4's engine into a 2011 Compass, It's a 2.4L as well?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do you know of any programers for our rides?
Try this place,Company this is were I had mine done & this is the place that is doing the Flash for the Caliber SRT4.
The owner name is Dave,Tell him Dan sent you from Calibersrt4.net

I tell you it woke up my Compass & now I enjoy driving it so much now.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Try this place,Company this is were I had mine done & this is the place that is doing the Flash for the Caliber SRT4.

PM sent:canada:

·
Registered
265 Posts

Waiting for Dave to have the right connector 2011 pcm:

2010 pcm:

2011:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts