My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
2007 jeep compass

in 2007 i purchased a 2007 jeep compass believing that i was purchasing a reliable vehicle to suit my versitle lifestyle as well as chicago's unperdictable weather. i have had to replace the fuel pump, alternater, tire rods and now i need ball joints with a little over 50,000 miles i am a single parent who need dependable transportation that doesnt spend most of the time in the shop. seeing how my trouble only started after the warranty had expired.i am outraged at the extra expenses that i have encurred by making this bad vehicle decision. I should had stayed with the chevy family always dependable. i will never buy jeep or chrysler again

·
Registered
1 Posts
2011 Compass Fuel Tank Capacity

I love my new Jeep Compass but dislike the 13.5 gal fuel tank. That is the only thing I don't like about it. Imagine the range with an 18 Gal tank like my Liberty!! Does anyone know of a reftofit larger fuel tank?

Gary In CO

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
There isn't enough room under there. On the plus side that pain at the pump is less filling with this tank. My 75L WJ is over $100 to fill.
Image the range if I got the advertised milage (28-30MPG CND) & not the 35-40MPG they advertise.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I've got over 100,000 kms on mine with no real problems. The most money i've spent on it is to get the upper control arms replaced. Overall I'm very happy with it. It's a 2008 Compass 4x4 north edition.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
My warranty for those will be up very soon. I am checking them, somehow not sure since there are struts front and back. I know the front lower control arms have been problems.

·
Registered
9 Posts
2007 Jeep Compass

Haven't had any problems.....consistently get 27 mpg (2wd) highway at 73 mph. The only complaint that I can see is that I wish they would have put in a 6 speed manual instead of the 5. Imagine the mpg with the 6 speed!!! :wigglesmiley:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts