My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully a moderator can make this a sticky

As more and more people buy the 2nd generation Compass, questions on wheel and tire options will continue to pour in. Let's make a thread for people to reference and get pictures and information in 1 place. Those with knowledge and experience, please list specs for wheels and tires that can be used. Also include pictures of your own setups and whether or not you needed modifications to make it work. So far I've been able to establish that the bolt pattern is 5x110. What about offset range and the corresponding tires size?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the next information
Jeep Compass 2018 2.4i
Tire Rim PCD
225/60R17 99T 7Jx17 ET40 5x110
215/65R16 98H 6.5Jx16 ET40 5x110
225/55R18 98V 7Jx18 ET40 5x110
– Center Bore: 65.1 mm
- Thread Size: M12 x 1.25

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anyone with:
225/60 R18,
235/55 R18, or
235/60 R18 ?

I'm with 225/55R18.. i'm looking for a better/bigger sidewall height for R18.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Looks good @10-64 but, may I ask why you went with a narrower tire? Mine has 225's from the factory, and you have even wider rims (7.5" vs 7") so you could have gone with upto 235

·
Registered
247 Posts
Looks good @10-64 but, may I ask why you went with a narrower tire? Mine has 225's from the factory, and you have even wider rims (7.5" vs 7") so you could have gone with upto 235
The Nokian Hakkapeliitta's didn't come in that size, as far as I know.
This is what they came up with for that tire, regarding size

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
108 Posts
The Nokian Hakkapeliitta's didn't come in that size, as far as I know.
This is what they came up with for that tire, regarding size

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
That name's a mouthful :rotfl:

Fair enough though. I'd like to eventually put a small lift and larger tires on mine, so was just curious if there was something I was overlooking.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welp.....that didn't go as planned. Wheels won't clear front caliper.

17x7
41mm offset

My compass came with 18" wheel. Is caliper bigger than those that came with 17"?

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Use spacers.
I thought about that but it's my wife's car and I don't know if I'm comfortable with that. She'd have a fit if she knew I did. I'm also cautious of the warranty too. That option is still in play though. Any suggestions on brand or thickness?

Next option is back to square 1 and getting the wheel like yours.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Use spacers.
This is starting to look like my route. I'm undecided on spacer type though. I want just enough clearance for the caliper. I'm not looking for a wide or flush look. I have been and will keep looking through renegade forums to see what kind of experience people have had. I don't think anyone here has reported using spacers on a 2nd Gen Compass. Any input or suggestions? Whichever style i get, I will be getting quality units.

Jeep Renegade Wheel Spacers by Athena - 17mm (set of 2 w/ bolts)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 65 Posts