Discussion Starter #21
H&R makes spacers as well in 5mm or 15mm

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Grind the caliper where you need clearance
I saw that being done but I'm not going to do it. Wouldn't want to give the dealer any reason to reject any issues I may have while under warranty. That would be a very visible and obvious change

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
yeah, gonna go with H&R 5mm spacers. Will report back

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Going to order some longer lug bolts and see how these work. Hopefully my Cherokee wheels will then clear the front calipers. Website says this part # is 5mm but box says 10mm. Does that just mean 10mm added width overall? 5mm on each side?

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
I had 1.25" spacers on my last car. Get something quality and properly install them and you'll be fine

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I had 1.25" spacers on my last car. Get something quality and properly install them and you'll be fine

I purchased the H&R spacers above. Any reason to not consider them quality? My Ford Flex is lowered on H&R springs. That's my only experience with them but i've had no problems with them.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I purchased the H&R spacers above. Any reason to not consider them quality? My Ford Flex is lowered on H&R springs. That's my only experience with them but i've had no problems with them.
Nope, the H&R are quality, and you're doing it right with the longer bolts/studs . It was more a post for anyone else considering spacers.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Website says this part # is 5mm but box says 10mm. Does that just mean 10mm added width overall? 5mm on each side?
Looks like they are 10mm, wide you can always measure them to make sure.
Looks like a very quality product, Very smart to get the longer lug bolts.
See no reason why your new wheels won't work now with these spacers.
Should be a very nice looking vehicle with those wheels and a slightly wider stance.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Thanks. Hopefully it won't look too weird with only spacers in the front. I'll probably order enough lug bolts in case I get another set of spacers for the rear

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I have no experience with spacers but wouldn't you "Have to" put spacers on the back if you put them on the front?
I honestly don't know. I'm hoping that the size of the spacers is so minimal that it doesn't make a difference. At least not performance wise anyway. Hopefully someone with more knowledge and experience can weigh in.

·
Registered
108 Posts
It shouldn't make a big difference. The size of the spacers are small enough to not matter.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Here's the stock lug bolt and spacer. Looks like the spacer is 5mm. The plan is to order H&R lug bolts with a 28mm shank. Next size up is 33mm. I think 28mm will suffice, no?

I'd rather not buy random no name lug bolts on ebay

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi All,
My 2018 Jeep Compass Sport came with a 16" steel wheel. It was really the only thing that bugged me about the Jeep. Just put MOPAR 18" rim (If you go to any MOPAR site this wheel [below] is the only upgrade for my Jeep) with GEOLANDER AT Tire. Took some quick pic's after leaving the shop that mounted them. I'm very happy with this "upgrade".

Here's the info if you are interested. I did a lot of price searching and these were the best prices I could find. The eBay tires had a small percentage of bad reviews as they can sell you tires up to 4 years old but all 4 of the tires I received were manufactured in the 48th week of 2017 so I'm satisfied with the savings vs life of tire.

Rims:
BAMWHOLESALEPARTS.COM
Part Number Part Name Price Quantity Total
82214667AC CAST ALUMINUM - WHEEL $147.68 4 $590.72

Subtotal: $590.72
Estimated Shipping: $95.01
Total: $685.73

Tires:
4 New Yokohama Geolandar At G015 - P225/55r18 Tires 55r 18 225 55 18. Cost: US $687.68 w/ free shipping

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-New-Yokohama-Geolandar-At-G015-P225-55r18-Tires-55r-18-225-55-18/263395915281?fits=Aspect+Ratio:55|Section+Width:225|Rim+Diameter:18&epid=2236589416&hash=item3d539eb611:g:TfAAAOSwRQFb0euq:rk:1:pf:0

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Looks great! I hope to have my wheels mounted by the end of the weekend.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Welp...another failed installation.....front wheels still won't clear caliper even with 5mm spacers. Gonna have to figure out what to do now. I don't think I want to go with bigger spacers. If i do, they'll have to be adapters.

I love the way the tires look so they will be my tire choice regardless. They're Continental TerrainContact for those wondering. It's a shame, they would have looked good. The spoke design doesn't jut out enough. Wheels are 17x7 41mm offset from a Cherokee.

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
What window visors do you have ?

Hi All,
My 2018 Jeep Compass Sport came with a 16" steel wheel. It was really the only thing that bugged me about the Jeep. Just put MOPAR 18" rim (If you go to any MOPAR site this wheel [below] is the only upgrade for my Jeep) with GEOLANDER AT Tire. Took some quick pic's after leaving the shop that mounted them. I'm very happy with this "upgrade".

Here's the info if you are interested. I did a lot of price searching and these were the best prices I could find. The eBay tires had a small percentage of bad reviews as they can sell you tires up to 4 years old but all 4 of the tires I received were manufactured in the 48th week of 2017 so I'm satisfied with the savings vs life of tire.

Rims:
BAMWHOLESALEPARTS.COM
Part Number Part Name Price Quantity Total
82214667AC CAST ALUMINUM - WHEEL $147.68 4 $590.72

Subtotal: $590.72
Estimated Shipping: $95.01
Total: $685.73

Tires:
4 New Yokohama Geolandar At G015 - P225/55r18 Tires 55r 18 225 55 18. Cost: US $687.68 w/ free shipping

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-New-Yokohama-Geolandar-At-G015-P225-55r18-Tires-55r-18-225-55-18/263395915281?fits=Aspect+Ratio:55|Section+Width:225|Rim+Diameter:18&epid=2236589416&hash=item3d539eb611:g:TfAAAOSwRQFb0euq:rk:1:pf:0

21 - 40 of 65 Posts