My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I hope you guys enjoy the video. The camera is on a fixed mount. So as car rocks back and forth, so does the camera. I like the effect. I did not enter the park thinking i would record (hence the vertical picture). But the park was above my wildest expectations.

Also, please be merciful to my wife. It was our first time and we had never tried to do anything like this before. I have watched offroad videos on youtube for years, and she has not. Time to buy a go pro :)

Enjoy!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Thanks for sharing, looked like a lot of fun and a great way for you and the wife to build confidence in the capabilities of the Trailhawk.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Well, momma always said if you don't have nothin nice to say...

Nah I'm just kidding, looks like a lot of fun. Too bad the missus didn't enjoy it as much, that was really very easy stuff for a TH Compass. A 1995 dodge mini van could have run through a lot of that stuff (not as easily, but could have survived).

We ran our 2nd gen down an abandoned logging trail last fall to get some nice engagement photos, no troubles at all. If its not deep mud or snow, nothing can really stop you as long as there is clearance. Even when there isn't clearance, if its not too tough of a surface you can use the bottom of the buggy like a big cheese grater, shave off some dirt and make it a little easier for the next guy :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
I watched this without sound first... and thought it was OK..
then I watched again with the sound!
The conversation is great! Love it!

Doesn't matter how hard the trail is, it's still fun, and your wife cracked me up.
"how did it do perfectly!?"
"it hit something!"

hehehehe

p.s. let her drive next time so maybe she'll fall in love with offroading too

·
Registered
141 Posts
Nice. You could actually tell that she was gradually getting used to the trail. This looks like a 1 or 2 level trail. Nothing hard, but still off the main roads and having a little fun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts