My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...the owners manual says there will be a notification that an oil change is needed. I am at 7,600 miles (I was expecting something at 5k) and nothing yet. So I cycled through the dashboard display and under the messages section it says Oil Change Required. Is this the only notification I will receive? I don't usually scan to the messages, I would expect them to pop up as needed. I have no idea when it started showing the Oil Change Required message...

Anyone?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok...I definitely haven't gotten a message yet...like I said, I am at 7600 and nothing. Maybe I drive like a sally and it doesn't think I need one yet...in any case, I made an appointment for next week to get it done.

·
Registered
44 Posts
It pops up on start up, I got mine at around 7600-7800 miles. So if you're around there, I'd bet it will pop up very soon.

·
Registered
14 Posts
LOL y’all have to change your oil at over 7k I just changed mine at 4,500 it’s how hard you drive it the sensor inside the engine will let you know when the oil needs to be changed since it uses 0w-20 full synthetic it will last longer than conventional oil.. but it’s how fast or how much abuse the engine gets when the Jeep will let you know when to change the oil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
154 Posts
Never reached the miles on the oil change sticker or the built in sensing notification. Usually when the car says "low oil pressure" is when I go to the dealer ::eye roll::. Mine has ate 13 quarts or 12.3 liters in three oil changes. FCA won't do a damn thing for me either. Says it's "normal". yah ok..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts