My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all:), been busy and away from the forum since I finally got my 2011 jeep compass last april. Anyway, I was just wondering about oil changes (not sure if this is the proper place to post, but I'll give it a go). So my north edition compass now has 10,460 km's on it (I know a lot of driving), and I was wondering wether to believe in the dealership sticker that says 10,579 or hold off changing my oil when the sensor goes off (Last time the sensor went off 200 km's after my first oil change, which was at 5579 km's). So do I wait, or do I make an appointment stat?:confused:

Thanks

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Depending on your driving habits and environment. I would target for 5000km between changes which you're past now. As for the indicator it was NOT reset properly by the dealer. Bad for them, I would mention that to the service advisor. The reset is in the owners manual. On mine its ignition on, and gas pedal down then up not too fast 3 times in 10 seconds. If you're not sure just do it again and count from the moment your dash lights up with ignition on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts