My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so about 800 miles back i got my oil changed because the thing in my gauge said "Change Oil". So I change the oil but it still comes on, does anyone know why this is?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Malfunction?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im not sure about the miles to km conversion but i got my "change oil" indicator at around 2750 miles

·
Registered
59 Posts
According to the manual the oil should be changed every 10,000kms or 6000 miles. Not sure of US. models though. My "oil change indicator" came on around the 9000kms mark. You don't have to change the oil to reset it. Just follow the directions in the manual.

·
Registered
35 Posts
If you're doing the oil change yourself or at a Jiffy Lube type place,then you'll have to follow the manual. If you're getting the oil changed at a dealership they should be restarting the "Oil Life" for you, if they're not... Find a new dealership to do your services cause they're either not doing their job completly (next time they'll forget a bolt) or their incomitent - either way, I wouldn't want them working on my car!

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Gents......please take note of the date of the post..........it's old history by now......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts