My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When did you all change your oil the first time? I got a coupon from my selling dealer for a free oil and filter. I was going to do it at about 2500 miles. I got a little over 2200 now.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I change mine every 5000Km, or approximately 3100 Miles. I believe the book suggests every 10,000Km or 6000 miles but a lot of times my engine doesn't get up to proper operating temperature or it's left running for extended periods of time. It might be a waste of money but nobody has ever been faulted for taking too much care of their vehicle.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Your compass will let you know when it is time to change the oil. It has several sensors that monitor oil viscosities and stuff and when it is time to change the oil you will have a little indicator in your information center that will clearly tell you OIL CHANGE and it will ding. It will happen when you start your compass. Mine usually comes on around 2600 miles and i dont let it get more than a couple hundred miles passed that point.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Well I religously change the oil in my car every 2 thousand miles. I got that habit from my dad and he keeps cars for yeeeeaaarrrsss.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts