My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my wife has a 07 Jeep Compass and she only had it round 7 months and last weekend i checked the fluid levels because was going on long journey and found oil gunk in the water tank, my first thoughts was head gasket, but dident lose any power no warning signs came on at all. So people who sold it to us brought it away and have said they sent the head away to see if any cracks and if not that it could be gasket, but are saying if it is head might have to get new engine as it be hard to get a head without buying engine, just wondered any thoughts on this.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
07 should still have the power train warranty. 5 years/100,000km but having said that I have not heard of oil going into the coolant but coolant getting into the oil. Yes and thats bad.

good luck

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Well first, welcome to the forum since I see you're new here! I agree with tripplec, I've heard of coolant in the oil rather than the other way around and yes, that's indicative of a bad head gasket or cracked head but I would definitely get it in and have it looked at. Good luck and be sure to keep us posted.

- Cherokee

1 - 3 of 3 Posts