Well we finally took the plunge:

2008 Jeep Compass Limited 4X4
Steel Blue Metallic
Dark Slate Grey/Pastel Slate Grey Interior
CVT2
Boston Acoustics Sound Group
Security & Cargo Convenience Group
Supplimental Front Seat Side Air Bags
(Driver Convenience Group is Now Standard on the 2008 Limited)

Dealer (Goudy Motors in Meaford, Ontario) says that it should be 6 - 8 weeks for delivery, but probably closer to 6.

:D

Got a great price too! And this site really helped me in the negotiation as it allowed me to know exactly what the vehicle cost the dealer:

http://crcanadacars.org/default.asp

It was well worth the $29US for the report
:!:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Wow congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds a lot like my Compass! Were there any differences in the 2008? So I guess they just came out? They told me 4-6 weeks when I ordered and it took 11 weeks, so I hope yours isn't that long! You must be excited finally! Now that I've broken in the engine, I'm taking my Compass camping this long weekend, that should be fun! Lots of space for everything and that power outlet will come in handy :D

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mcatenacci said:
Wow congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds a lot like my Compass! Were there any differences in the 2008? So I guess they just came out? They told me 4-6 weeks when I ordered and it took 11 weeks, so I hope yours isn't that long! You must be excited finally! Now that I've broken in the engine, I'm taking my Compass camping this long weekend, that should be fun! Lots of space for everything and that power outlet will come in handy :D
The only real difference on the 2008 Limited is that the Drivers Convenience Group is now Standard - it was Optional on the 2007.
The 2008's have been available to order for a few weeks now, but pricing was just finalized in the last couple of weeks.

My dealer seems to think it should only take about 6 weeks as he said that they're in a build run right now @ the plant. Apparently they do 3 build runs per model year. My current car is paid for and in good shape so I don't mind waiting - it gives me a couple of more months without having to make a car payment :)
This is the 9th vehicle that my family has bought from this dealer so they always take good care of us.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Good to hear. I was actually just coming to this site to ask if anyone knew when we could order the 2008s in Canada. I went to my dealer a couple of weeks ago with what I wanted and they made a good offer on my Matrix.

The only problem was they couldn't find a car. I just called today to ask but they weren't sure and would get back to me. He told me it shouldn't be long and that he had the papers, but didn't have the set price yet.

We actually had the chance to get almost what we wanted, but we went on vacation, they called, and then by the time we got the message, that car had been sold. But this should work better, except for the wait, which should be worth it.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Neely2005 said:

Steel Blue Metallic
CVT2

Dealer (Goudy Motors in Meaford, Ontario) says that it should be 6 - 8 weeks for delivery, but probably closer to 6.

Got a great price too! And this site really helped me in the negotiation as it allowed me to know exactly what the vehicle cost the dealer:

I spoke to my dealer today and he said that our order is now in "BG" Status.

BA - order in system

BB - review by fleet department

BD - special equipment processing

BE - edit error

BG - passed edit N/A for schedule

BGL - edit ok parts unavailable

BX - passed edit available for schedule

C - Sub firm

D - Firm schedule - dealer has allocation and all parts available

D1 - Gate line schedule - scheduled to be built

E - Frame

F - Paint

G - Trim

I - built not ok'd

J - built ok'd

JB - shipped to body vendor

JE - emission check

JS - shipped to storage

KZ - released by plant, invoiced

KZL - released - not shipped

KZM - first rail departure

KZN - first rail arrival

KZO - delayed/received

KZOA - plant holds

KZOB - zone/distribution holds

KZOC - carrier delays

KZOD - carrier holds

KZOE - miss-shipped vehicle

KZOF - show/test vehicle

KZOG - damaged vehicle

KZOH - all other reasons

KZT - second rail departure

KZU - second rail arrival

KZX - delivered to dealer

ZA - canceled

·
Registered
656 Posts
Congratulations and good luck.
Meanwhile funny thing . . . I check both Jeep.ca and Jeep.com websites and they still only have 2007 details, you cannot price out an 08. Think they would be up to speed if the dealers are able to write orders.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i2canoe said:
Congratulations and good luck.
Meanwhile funny thing . . . I check both Jeep.ca and Jeep.com websites and they still only have 2007 details, you cannot price out an 08. Think they would be up to speed if the dealers are able to write orders.
Yeah I guess that's because they want to help the dealers sell the 2007's.
You can find 2008 Pricing Details in this thread:

http://www.myjeepcompass.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=369

·
Registered
127 Posts
aww that sucks! Figures though... I know how you feel, they told me 4-6 weeks and I waited just over 10 I think.. but like you, I had a car paid off so I wasn't in a rush, just don't get your hopes up about when you'll get it cuz u never know, it could take longer :? It's worth the wait though

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Neely2005 said:
Neely2005 said:

Steel Blue Metallic
CVT2

I spoke to my dealer today and he said that our order is now in "BG" Status.

BA - order in system

BB - review by fleet department

BD - special equipment processing

BE - edit error

BG - passed edit N/A for schedule

BGL - edit ok parts unavailable

BX - passed edit available for schedule

C - Sub firm

D - Firm schedule - dealer has allocation and all parts available

D1 - Gate line schedule - scheduled to be built

E - Frame

F - Paint

G - Trim

I - built not ok'd

J - built ok'd

JB - shipped to body vendor

JE - emission check

JS - shipped to storage

KZ - released by plant, invoiced

KZL - released - not shipped

KZM - first rail departure

KZN - first rail arrival

KZO - delayed/received

KZOA - plant holds

KZOB - zone/distribution holds

KZOC - carrier delays

KZOD - carrier holds

KZOE - miss-shipped vehicle

KZOF - show/test vehicle

KZOG - damaged vehicle

KZOH - all other reasons

KZT - second rail departure

KZU - second rail arrival

KZX - delivered to dealer

ZA - canceled

Well I spoke to my dealer today and we've now progressed to BX Status. We placed our order on August 2nd so it's been exactly 2 months now.

:roll:

·
Registered
204 Posts
2 months ugg. I could wait that long :? Especially considering they haven't even started building it yet.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Neely2005 said:
Looks like it's going to be Even Longer:

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti ... 03058/1014

:evil:
In May when we got our Compass they had just stopped production lines so we picked one off the lot (thankfully had most of everything that we wantted). We had discussed waiting and ordering. I'm kinda glad we didn't now.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I ordered mine on August 2nd and as of Today I'm in "D" Status. Unfortunately the plant shut down for 2 weeks starting yesterday...

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Neely2005 said:
Well I ordered mine on August 2nd and as of Today I'm in "D" Status. Unfortunately the plant shut down for 2 weeks starting yesterday...
Well it’s been over 12 weeks now and my order is still stuck in “D” Status. My sales rep @ the dealership has been speaking to their Regional Chrysler Sales Rep who told him that the Side Airbag Delay is back on. My sales rep and I are finding this a little fishy as it is still showing D Status. It switched to D status on October 5th and the Side Airbag was apparently cleared on October 1st. Also as per the Jeep Patriot Forum people have taken delivery of 2008s with Side Airbags.

http://www.jeeppatriot.com/forum/showth ... rbag+Delay

http://www.jeeppatriot.com/forum/showth ... ght=Airbag

At this point I'm seriously considering cancelling.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
As per my dealer as of October 25th there is LIMITED AVAILABILITY on the Side Airbags. So it looks like orders for Calibers, Compass’ & Patriots with the Side Airbags are going to be put On Hold – Again. This will be at Least the 3rd time that this has happened, so far.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Neely2005 said:

HANG IN THERE Neely2005.

Trust me, I've been there. My wait was also over 12 weeks. When I tried to trace the status of my order neither the dealer nor the customer service departments were ever able to shade any light on when I could expect delvery. It seemed that although American buyers were able to trace the status of thier orders, this facility was not available to the Canadian market.

In the end, it was well worth the wait, they did build and delivery my Compass exactly as ordered. I have over 7500 trouble free klicks on the baby and honestly - I am LOVING it!

Don't give up! Try to get the dealer to toss in a few extras (looking wheel nuts, splash guards, what ever) maybe to sweeten the experience, BUT hang in there, it is worth it.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i2canoe said:
Neely2005 said:

HANG IN THERE Neely2005.

Trust me, I've been there. My wait was also over 12 weeks. When I tried to trace the status of my order neither the dealer nor the customer service departments were ever able to shade any light on when I could expect delvery. It seemed that although American buyers were able to trace the status of thier orders, this facility was not available to the Canadian market.

In the end, it was well worth the wait, they did build and delivery my Compass exactly as ordered. I have over 7500 trouble free klicks on the baby and honestly - I am LOVING it!

Don't give up! Try to get the dealer to toss in a few extras (looking wheel nuts, splash guards, what ever) maybe to sweeten the experience, BUT hang in there, it is worth it.
Well my dealer can pull the status. It's in "D" Status (D - Firm schedule - dealer has allocation and all parts available ) but it has to get to D1 which means that it's Gatelined and ready to build.

Problem is that it's already been OVER 12 weeks and it hasn't even been built yet.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts