My Jeep Compass Forum banner

Otto's Orange 2018 Trailhawk

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Mudflap 
#1 ·
Howdy! Purchased this - new to me - Compass on Saturday and thought I'd join the community here. Already installed cross rails but am still deciding between a basket or a box up top. Will need new rubber within 5,000 miles, and there's a small chip in the windshield, but I got a good deal for the low mileage it has.

Lots of Jeeps in the family; my wife is on her 3rd Grand Cherokee, my mother-in-law drives a Cherokee, and I traded in my 2010 Wrangler for this addition. Looking forward to sharing the mods along the way and contributing however I can.

Tada!

And my gone-but-not-forgotten Wrangler. Not the best daily driver.

See less See more
#3 ·
Welcome!

Any plans to lift the Compass as you did your Wrangler?

#4 ·
Thanks!

I'm looking at what's available for lift kits, but I'll probably roll stock for a while. I bought this so my wife didn't feel like she's going into battle when she needs to borrow my vehicle. She absolutely hated driving my Wrangler. I'll probably do the Daystar 1.5" kit when/if the time comes.

More immediate plans are new tires, something A/T and slightly wider. Traction was lacking Sunday out on the trails, but clearance was good enough (for now). I've also got a bit of a "clunk" in the front and discovered the plastic OEM sway bar links. Who does that?! Ha!

#6 ·
Welcome! Like you, we've almost always had a Mopar in the driveway, and Jeeps going back to when they were AMC.

I agree, a Wrangler is not the best daily driver. It's gotten a little more refined, but still is only practical for rough stuff, not city streets or even rural highways.

Agree w/ @C0mpass19, the plastic sway bar links are crazy. I'd think it was a joke if it wasn't true. Mine already failed and were replaced with metal ones. If you're doing any suspension work, ya may as well change them out before they fail, and they will.

#10 ·
It's "Rescue Green Metallic" and is a real bear to color match. This color first appeared for the 1996/7 Wrangler TJ as "Citron Green", and was later reintroduced for the "Rescue Jeep Concept" (circa 2004/5). It was a rare'ish option for the JK Wrangler, available for 2007/8, then again for 2010. I haven't seen it on the newer JL Wranglers yet, though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.