My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a good combination of radiator and fan that can keep my Jeep from overheating while going up hills at highway (65-75mph) speed?

·
Registered
22 Posts
SPAL fans. Push+Pull fans will give plentiful airflow across radiator.
If your Jeep has an automatic transmission, I recommend adding an auxiliary transmission cooler - bigger better. Derale is a very popular brand for those.

·
1,049 Posts
I don't know if yours is first or second generation, but if its the first the world engine has two thermostats. One could be failing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I changed out both thermostats (180° and 202° or 212°) changed the water pump and flushed the coolant. There's no slack in the water pump pulley either.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Something in the stock cooling system is simply not working right if you are overheating in what sounds like very mundane conditions to me. You do not need any sort of aftermarket add-ons or accessories you simply need to get the stock cooling system back to 100%.

You aren't giving us a lot of specifics, we don't even know what year or motor you have or how many miles are on it.

Are you confirmed overheating (boiling/steaming out the cap/overflow bottle) or is it possible a temp sensor is going bad? If you've already done the stat(s) and new pump and new coolant I would next replace the temp sensor(s) and the radiator cap.

Keep an eye on the coolant since its new it should be very obvious very quickly if its being contaminated due to a bad head gasket, you can continue to work the cheaper easier items to eliminate any other simple explanations but so far you are dead on track for bad head gasket if its high mileage and none of the other stuff is working.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts