My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, hoping for some help here if possible…
I have a 2012 2.2 CRD Jeep Compass that will very quickly overheat but only when going uphill.

When the road levels out the car very quickly cools down.

The heating is blowing luke warm. (Note that when entering the car, you can hear one of the heater vanes clicking so this could be a symptom of that issue and maybe a red herring but thought it was worth mentioning)

No signs of head gasket failure in coolant or oil and no white smoke from exhaust.

A garage have drained, flushed and re filled the coolant. They say they found no blockage or obvious problem but not sure how good they actually are.

We have tried to change the expansion tank pressure cap but this did not fix the issue.

Does anyone have any idea what the issue could be… blocked radiator, heater matrix or stuck thermostats maybe?
If anyone has had to change these parts before how many hours labour or total cost did the garage charge?

Thanks in advance!
Charles

· Registered
82 Posts
Maybe trap air in the heater lines. Before starting engine, un-clamp radiator hose, Start engine fill radiator hose with water. Shut engine and re-clamp the hose. Sometimes this works if there is trap air in the heater lines.

· Registered
178 Posts
The heater core plugged, the most definitely. I had the same issue. It was full of sand and dirt.
Search history of my recent post, there's a simple video of flushing just a heater core. It should be done every year or two or the coolant lost its flow and affects engine temp.

· Registered
178 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts