My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm looking for recommendations to protect the front end of my 2011 Jeep Compass.

I like the sounds of that 3M stuff that's clear, but if anyone has other options, I'd like to hear about them.

On my existing vehicle I put on a bug deflector a little too late and it now covers is the rust on the front of the hood.....

Thanks,

"G"

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Best option is the 3M clear plastic over the front end..........

My 2 cents !!!!

·
Registered
222 Posts
lamin-x! same stuff as 3m. I plan on ordering some very soon im a vendor i also install. if your interested msg me i service vaughn.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I put a bug deflector on pretty quick. I usually slide a piece of screen door screening down in front of the condensor to keep the bugs from plugging it up. However, the whole front end appears to be one big piece of plastic and is more than I am prepared to do for that bit of protection. Spring is the worst for bugs and eases off in the summer.

I have driven through hords of very small flies and it sound like sand or rain but putting one hand out the window at night is the only way to tell. Its like shotgun pellets hitting your hand and the air is thick with them. That lasts about 3 weeks or so and done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts