My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, So I have the 2010 Jeep Compass and its black with the windows tinted, It looks pretty nice if I do say so myself, but anyway I want to get the stock rims painted black (they're currently silver), I was wondering if any of you have any experience with that and maybe if I could get some input on whether or not it would look good, thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
I personally like black rims on a black vehicle, and it can still be tastefully done if you're not going for the murdered out look lol. One thing you can try before you actually paint them to decide if you'll like the look is Plasti Dip. It comes in a spray can but it's not paint, it's a rubberized coating that I've seen a lot of truck guys use. It's really durable and if you don't like it, peels right off. You can check it out here: Plasti Dip - SummitRacing.com.
Depending on where you live, if they salt the roads in winter, might be worth a try.

- Cherokee

·
Registered
339 Posts
if you want it to look perfect and last forever, powder coating is your only real option for rims. or you could always just find a set of compass rallye wheels.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We plastidipped the wheels the Jeep logo and the hood on my sons Compass for a quick solution, and it turned out quite well. It's a easy way to see if you like the look before actually powder coating, or painting, and can actually last for a few years with the odd touch up.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don't know what it is but black rims just look mean, in a good way. I have repainted Aluminum wheels, it takes a lot of patience, lots sanding, light coats and of course clear coat, it is surprisingly durable. Use wheel specific paints though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts