My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't count on side curtain air bags to help in a side impact collision. 2011 Compass Latitude 4X4 with 4000 miles was hit on passenger side knocking my wife unconscious and bruised her shoulder and elbow. $7500 damage but according to Chrysler, "the impact was not significant enough to set off the airbags". Just and FYI

·
Registered
278 Posts
Yikes, im assuming she is ok... damn i wonder where the sensors are located and whats the min speed to set them off... many years ago my sister was hit by an uninsured driver and her head hit the driver side window pretty hard. She wasnt knocked out but she was a little bit off of a couple of days.:(

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
That does suck, very sorry to hear about that and sure hope your wife recovers completely and quickly!

- Cherokee

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I'd report it to the auto safety organization in your area. Canada - Transport Canada

That not what they're there for. I have them on my 2009 and presume they would eject on a side impact.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the concerns, my wife is doing o.k. I notified NHSTA and they didn't have much to say, kind of sided with Chrysler and said there is no standard of minimum impact to deploy the air bags. A lot of gobbledegook that doesn't make sense.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts