My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone elses airbag light come on? here and there it will pop on for a few mins then turn itself off..its hard to ask a dealership, cuz if nothing is there they can't check it! I don't know if the sensor is messed up or sticks or something?

·
Registered
70 Posts
does anyone elses airbag light come on? here and there it will pop on for a few mins then turn itself off..its hard to ask a dealership, cuz if nothing is there they can't check it! I don't know if the sensor is messed up or sticks or something?
I had the same question. I've previously had cars where the light comes on when no one is in the seat. But after checking with the dealership this is how the Compass Passenger Airbag works:

If a person that does not meet the required weight for airbags, the light will come on and stay on until the person leaves. The light indicates the airbag is turned off. However if the the weight is so small it does not register, the airbag will stay on and the light will not come light up.

So if you have something heavy there like books, etc. The light may come on if it's heavy enough to register weight but not heavy enough to meet the airbag requirement.

·
Registered
2 Posts
OK...let me tweak this a bit...I usually always have a laptop or biref case on the passenger seat when I go to work, and the light never came on. Now suddenly, with or without anything on the passenger seat, it will come on and then turn off again. It is not a consistent problem. Has anyone had this type of issue before?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts