My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some odd reason the "passenger side airbag off" button lights up about 5 seconds after startup and doesn't turn off. Anyone hear of this before?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mine did the same thing every other start for about a week in July! I speculated that it was a low battery or other electrical issue, but then it stopped doing it and hasn't come on since; after the initial check at start up of course. Probably should have had it looked at, but as long as the driver air bag works....:p

·
Registered
11 Posts
For some odd reason the "passenger side airbag off" button lights up about 5 seconds after startup and doesn't turn off. Anyone hear of this before?
If ya got nothing in the passenger seat, i.e. baby seat, laptop bag.etc. something may be wrong. I know when i have my laptop on the seat there the light comes on because the weight sensor sees something lighter than an adult in the seat.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
If ya got nothing in the passenger seat, i.e. baby seat, laptop bag.etc. something may be wrong. I know when i have my laptop on the seat there the light comes on because the weight sensor sees something lighter than an adult in the seat.
That's it exactly. I even tried putting various things in the passenger seat just to test it. :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome, Thanks EagleBeagle! It only happens when I put my bookbag on the seat after school. I don't need to freak out anymore!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Haven't seen that happen. On my way to work, I have my backpack on the passenger seat. It's pretty heavy, as I take a large thermos of coffee and a 24 oz diet mountain dew, along with a heavy book to read.

While my Compass is in the shop, we're driving a Chevy Impala Sedan, and that light goes on and activate the passenger air bag whenever there is weight in the passengers seat.(the air bag is off if the passenger seat is unoccupied)Also, it will alarm if the passenger doesn't have a seat belt on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts