My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day my friend told me that he had to change the pcv valve on his Mazda MPV. His car is almost as old as mine. Mine, a 2007 Jeep Compass.
So I thought about checking my pcv valve. I found a youtube video on how to replace it. Simple task... so I decided to check my pcv valve today. To my surprise it was still very clean. No sign of sludge or anything like that at all. Perhaps my use of synthetic oil and regular cleanings of the air filter helped it keep clean all this time. My car now has 122000 miles. Still in great condition.
I guess using the right lube and cleaning helps a lot in maintaining and prolonging the life of the engine.

·
Registered
222 Posts
The other day my friend told me that he had to change the pcv valve on his Mazda MPV. His car is almost as old as mine. Mine, a 2007 Jeep Compass.
So I thought about checking my pcv valve. I found a youtube video on how to replace it. Simple task... so I decided to check my pcv valve today. To my surprise it was still very clean. No sign of sludge or anything like that at all. Perhaps my use of synthetic oil and regular cleanings of the air filter helped it keep clean all this time. My car now has 122000 miles. Still in great condition.
I guess using the right lube and cleaning helps a lot in maintaining and prolonging the life of the engine.
buy a new pcv they are under 30$ and compare them....

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
PCV valve is a very simple part but sticking is the biggest issue which can occur when slugged or filled with contaminents. If when you shake it the piston rattles back and forth then there is nothing wrong with its.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
4 Nov 2019
Now 291,000 miles. original pcv valve. no sludge in the engine. I clean the pcv valve every 10k miles.

·
Registered
879 Posts
jeepney_driver said:
no sludge in the engine
Have you actually taken the valve cover off or are you just trying to wish for something hard enough to make it happen through sheer willpower? :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts