My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year I was hunting around on Instagram and found a few people who had lifted their Gen II Compass. In all of my Googling around for Compass parts, I never found this company "Penna" in any of my searches. But when I typed the website in directly, it worked. I tried it again yesterday, and they are apparently still around...in Brazil.

www.pennaoffroad.com.br

Water Tire Car Plant Vehicle
Wheel Automotive parking light Jeep grand cherokee Land vehicle Car
Tire Wheel Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

If you look at the first photo, you can see that their hidden winch is mounted behind a factory bumper. If you look at the second photo, you can see their custom metal lower front with the same hidden winch mod.

I tried emailing them a year ago, but never heard anything back. The front bumper is about 750 bucks US, which I would get if I could. That rear bumper with two recovery hooks seems pretty nice. If I ever get my custom wheels installed I might not be able to use the factory wheel well for the spare, so that rear tire carrier might be what I need anyway. I can't find that swinging tire carrier on their website, but when you look at their bumper you can clearly see that it is drilled for it.

Anyone heard of this place, or have any info? I'd love to see this stuff in the US.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I've talked to the owner of that Compass a little on Facebook. The company is looking to branch our to the US eventually, but the COVID pandemic has slowed everything down.

I've been talking to the owner of 6 Monkeys and have been working with him on some pieces he plans to sell. But, again, things have been slow due to the pandemic, and metal prices are rising so he's having to increase his rate and prices...

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
That is probably the best, most believable off-road modded Compass I have ever seen. Even better than the Trailpass concept Jeep did a few years back.

Check out that roof rack! o_O

That is not a factory bumper though that the winch is on/behind. I'd like to get my hands on one of those, especially since my lower front bumper fascia is cracked anyways. Wouldn't really fit my non-TH tho.

I've considered it many times and still am of the position that a rear-mounted tire carrier is just not the way to go. Too much of a pain for accessing the hatch. I'd glady take that roof rack, ladder, and mount my spare tire up top though While I'm at it I'd like the CB radio antenna too please 😁

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You are probably right about the rear tire carrier. If I had something like that, I could see me never opening the hatch again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’ve reached out as well through their contacts but no response. There are some videos out there (in Portuguese) that go over the mods and components. If I recall that tire carrier swings out similar to Wilco and RIGD but integrated with the bumper like other Jeep models

·
Registered
202 Posts
I want a lightbar setup just like the one they have.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Last year I was hunting around on Instagram and found a few people who had lifted their Gen II Compass. In all of my Googling around for Compass parts, I never found this company "Penna" in any of my searches. But when I typed the website in directly, it worked. I tried it again yesterday, and they are apparently still around...in Brazil.

www.pennaoffroad.com.br

View attachment 15568 View attachment 15569 View attachment 15570

If you look at the first photo, you can see that their hidden winch is mounted behind a factory bumper. If you look at the second photo, you can see their custom metal lower front with the same hidden winch mod.

I tried emailing them a year ago, but never heard anything back. The front bumper is about 750 bucks US, which I would get if I could. That rear bumper with two recovery hooks seems pretty nice. If I ever get my custom wheels installed I might not be able to use the factory wheel well for the spare, so that rear tire carrier might be what I need anyway. I can't find that swinging tire carrier on their website, but when you look at their bumper you can clearly see that it is drilled for it.

Anyone heard of this place, or have any info? I'd love to see this stuff in the US.
Yup. That woman is in one of my groups on Facebook. She's got a couple articles in the Brazilian offroading press about her baby. Very nice lady, very smart. She designed those parts. She wanted to overland with it but couldn't find the stuff in the market, like us. That Compass is a beast. Those replacements are all aluminum plate.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That is probably the best, most believable off-road modded Compass I have ever seen. Even better than the Trailpass concept Jeep did a few years back.

Check out that roof rack! o_O

That is not a factory bumper though that the winch is on/behind. I'd like to get my hands on one of those, especially since my lower front bumper fascia is cracked anyways. Wouldn't really fit my non-TH tho.

I've considered it many times and still am of the position that a rear-mounted tire carrier is just not the way to go. Too much of a pain for accessing the hatch. I'd glady take that roof rack, ladder, and mount my spare tire up top though While I'm at it I'd like the CB radio antenna too please 😁

I’m hoping to work with the company I just had build my rear ladder, to do a real similar front bumper. They’d be cutting some of the lower fascia off my front and and modeling it off the same shape too. Hopefully before Christmas I think! Wanting to maintain or even add more clearance to the front approach.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
As my Compass gets older and racks up more miles (and is no longer our "main" car for road trips and stuff) I get more and more interested in doing some fun mods and tinkering with it, more willing to take it further off road and risk a couple scratches and bruises.

I still truly don't believe the Compass is all that off-road worthy no matter what you do to it. Just like Subarus. You can decorate it with off-road decor all you want, but it's always going to be limited by not having low range or a locking/limited slip diff and a weak powerplant. That is OK though. It doesn't end up being necessary in a lot of the places I like to go, and although I'd feel like a bit of an off-road poser, mall-crawler, whatever I could still be OK with that if its fun for me to build up the off-road persona on my car and if I am honest with myself and others about what it is and what it is not. It's all in good fun.

·
Registered
6 Posts
As my Compass gets older and racks up more miles (and is no longer our "main" car for road trips and stuff) I get more and more interested in doing some fun mods and tinkering with it, more willing to take it further off road and risk a couple scratches and bruises.

I still truly don't believe the Compass is all that off-road worthy no matter what you do to it. Just like Subarus. You can decorate it with off-road decor all you want, but it's always going to be limited by not having low range or a locking/limited slip diff and a weak powerplant. That is OK though. It doesn't end up being necessary in a lot of the places I like to go, and although I'd feel like a bit of an off-road poser, mall-crawler, whatever I could still be OK with that if its fun for me to build up the off-road persona on my car and if I am honest with myself and others about what it is and what it is not. It's all in good fun.
Completely agree. My Compass is still quite new and in really good shape so I’m still babying it most times except my camping trips and small adventures…I don’t claim to be some big off-roading over landing unit at all, but I also feel like we’re getting to this point in society that we constantly have to prove and apologize and tell people “oh I’m mostly a mall crawler” “oh I don’t do that much off-roading this is just for aesthetics/fun”.

Don’t get me wrong I don’t just let people think the blatantly wrong thing, but I’m also not pretending to be anything, and it’s not really my job to deprecate myself and apologize for wanting my vehicle to look a certain way even if it doesn’t have the makes to be a true off-road beast.
We buy vehicles we like for both the economics of them and our driving situations, but also because we like the looks right? So it’s okay to want to have it look a certain way and have fun with it! Regardless if it’s functions and capabilities.

I draw the line at impersonating military, law enforcement, emergency services vehicles though! I work in EMS and I’ve seen people in all types ofrole playing vehicles and it’s not always a respectful sight or copy. Or truly legal. 🤔 It’s cool to respect something and want to make something fun to honour that but it can get a bit out of hand. In my opinion, but to each their own.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts