My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
In researching purchasing a new compass I've looked into what performance parts are available to try and squeeze more HP/torque out of the Tigershark 2.4, but I came up pretty empty. I did see this, but the gains seemed negligible. I think even with new intake, throttle body, and exhaust we'd only be looking at a small gain. Or even losing some low end power but gaining a small bump in high RPM range. Headers may open up more power, but there isn't a set for the Jeep. Also I think the layout is different so if there are ones for the dart, they won't match up to the compass. At least this is what I remember form searching. If you find anything worthwhile or otherwise, I'd be interested.

·
Registered
190 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
I don't think you could measure any gains with that mod alone, and I think its going to be a roll of the dice if you throw a bucket of traditional mods at it and hope for the best you could spent $1000 for 10 HP and its not worth it IMHO. The real thing that makes it such an unresponsive throttle is the software dampening they are doing to the drive-by-wire, so that dumb dumbs with clumsy feet can still drive around somewhat smoothly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts