My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
In researching purchasing a new compass I've looked into what performance parts are available to try and squeeze more HP/torque out of the Tigershark 2.4, but I came up pretty empty. I did see this, but the gains seemed negligible. I think even with new intake, throttle body, and exhaust we'd only be looking at a small gain. Or even losing some low end power but gaining a small bump in high RPM range. Headers may open up more power, but there isn't a set for the Jeep. Also I think the layout is different so if there are ones for the dart, they won't match up to the compass. At least this is what I remember form searching. If you find anything worthwhile or otherwise, I'd be interested.

·
Registered
190 Posts

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I don't think you could measure any gains with that mod alone, and I think its going to be a roll of the dice if you throw a bucket of traditional mods at it and hope for the best you could spent $1000 for 10 HP and its not worth it IMHO. The real thing that makes it such an unresponsive throttle is the software dampening they are doing to the drive-by-wire, so that dumb dumbs with clumsy feet can still drive around somewhat smoothly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looking into this as well, I was more so curious to see if response time would be a bit more pleasant, if nothing else obtained...

·
Super Moderator
559 Posts
You won't get better throttle response, it's all in the electronic throttle control tuning. Since you can't tune a compass at the moment it would be a waste of money

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Compass 2.4L. W/ Pedal Commander, MPx Lightweight Crank Pulley & Water Pump Pulley
14 Posts
I don't think you could measure any gains with that mod alone, and I think its going to be a roll of the dice if you throw a bucket of traditional mods at it and hope for the best you could spent $1000 for 10 HP and its not worth it IMHO. The real thing that makes it such an unresponsive throttle is the software dampening they are doing to the drive-by-wire, so that dumb dumbs with clumsy feet can still drive around somewhat smoothly.
I completely disagree...there is plenty you could expect to gain with the available upgrades for the 2018 compass 2.4l.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I completely disagree...there is plenty you could expect to gain with the available upgrades for the 2018 compass 2.4l.
If you've got the money to burn feel free to give it a try, but until there is a tuning solution to actually put bolt-ons to use it's not going to amount to much (stock computer will tune out most of your bolt-ons effects). I'm still waiting on HPTuners to work on the PCM and TCM files I sent them, they currently would rather spend their time working on more popular cars. It would help if more people would send them files and ask them to work on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts