My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About two months ago my Compass shut off without any warning while i was driving. This was due to an oil consumption issue. About three weeks later the same thing happened to my little brothers. I’ve started a petition for Chrysler to recall these engines before someone gets hurt. I’ve attached a link to my petition and I sincerely appreciate everyone’s support. If you would take the time to sign and share the petition I think we could really make a difference. Worst case scenario, we spread awareness. Thank you!

·
Registered
45 Posts
The point is, the oil consumption issue is not only a Compass thing. Every FCA vehicle powered by the 2.4 Tigershark engine could be affected. I know many Renegade and Cherokee owners who are struggling with oil consumption, so it would make sense, to make the petition more global.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The point is, the oil consumption issue is not only a Compass thing. Every FCA vehicle powered by the 2.4 Tigershark engine could be affected. I know many Renegade and Cherokee owners who are struggling with oil consumption, so it would make sense, to make the petition more global.
I wasn’t aware that renegades were also experiencing the issue but i didn’t hear that Cherokees had some problems as well. Thanks for informing me.

·
Registered
41 Posts
This issue has been present since around 2014. Six years and FCA has done nothing. Absolutely nothing and now, the Jeep Compass, which is a global car wearing the coveted Jeep nameplate has been destroyed by the chaos know as FIAT. Fiat took a crappy, problem plagued engine, stuck it in a Fiat 500, added some pretty sheet metal, slapped a Jeep nameplate on it and convinced buyers this fake Jeep is a quality SUV. Suckers. I was a sucker for 24 months. During my Compass lease, my engine was replaced, transmission software was flashed numerous times and numerous other issues repaired. My car was in service for 9 weeks. Got the car back and wouldn’t you know, the lousy 9 speed transmission started shifting erratic. I was so happy to get rid of this POS. Called Jeep Customer Care numerous times where they followed my repairs. But, in reality, JCC was useless. Every time I see a Compass on the road I feel bad for the driver because, they will soon be experiencing how crappy this POS fake Jeep is.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This issue has been present since around 2014. Six years and FCA has done nothing. Absolutely nothing and now, the Jeep Compass, which is a global car wearing the coveted Jeep nameplate has been destroyed by the chaos know as FIAT. Fiat took a crappy, problem plagued engine, stuck it in a Fiat 500, added some pretty sheet metal, slapped a Jeep nameplate on it and convinced buyers this fake Jeep is a quality SUV. Suckers. I was a sucker for 24 months. During my Compass lease, my engine was replaced, transmission software was flashed numerous times and numerous other issues repaired. My car was in service for 9 weeks. Got the car back and wouldn’t you know, the lousy 9 speed transmission started shifting erratic. I was so happy to get rid of this POS. Called Jeep Customer Care numerous times where they followed my repairs. But, in reality, JCC was useless. Every time I see a Compass on the road I feel bad for the driver because, they will soon be experiencing how crappy this POS fake Jeep is.

I'm right there with you. I feel terrible for anyone driving a Jeep these days.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just got letter from another law firm wanting to represent me for any of my 2011 - 2019 Jeep's with any lemon law type issues, including excessive oil consumption. Unfortunately for them, my 2011 GC, 2013 GC and now 2019 Compass have not had any problems other than one 8 year old dead battery on the 2011 GC.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Good luck and don't hold your breath

1 - 9 of 9 Posts