My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went into my parts store and got talking about the HID kits with the chryler/dodge/jeep modules to make an "easy and flawless" install... so 5 minutes later i walked out with a set of PIAA Xtreme H13 bulbs for my headlights. we got talking about the endless horror storries they had at the shop with chryler/dodge/jeep kits and modules.

Left side Piaa, Right side stock. this picture makes the stock bulbs look really white. ill grab another picture from the front and use the stock fog bulbs as contrast from the headlights. I love these PIAA bulbs!!

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
That is a pretty decent difference there, definitely want to see them on your Compass!

- Cherokee

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was saying this is a crappy picture, because the right side is the stock bulb. I'll post some better pics when I get back home

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes they are soo much better than the stock bulbs. i believe they were 90 at my part store. I really respect the work you put in to get your HID's to work, i just wanted to take the 5 minute improvement lol. now i just gotta figure out what way i wanna go with the fog lights

·
Registered
245 Posts
For the fogs, if you wanna go with HID's it's a lot easier than the head lights!
It's plug and play, the stock fog connector fits directly in the ballast. So no relay harness required.

So you can have a complete HID kit for about 50$!

·
Registered
19 Posts
how much light out put do u get from ur 30000k fogs...? im looking to get a set for my fogs and us them as primary light would u recomend 55watt 8000k or 35watt 30000k? i seen a srt 8 driving around my area with halogen headlight and hid fogs and he lite up the road pretty well.. befor he turned he corner thought it he had hids in both... anyway if i can get ur opion that would be great... oh and shecky i was told that if u disconnect ur DRL (day time running lights) that the hid arnt that bad for he compass but i was only told that by one guy at one shop so dnt kno how true it is. my other guy told me his supplier could wire in a dodge harness so it was plug n play.... any way befor i go on and on and on ill stop but plz let me kno bout wat u think will give more light output 55watt or 35 watt for the fogs

·
Registered
245 Posts
First because I don't want to blind other drivers,

Second because 35W kits have already twice the light output of halogen bulbs so it's quite enough for low beams & fogs,

And third because one 55W ballast need a current of 6A so if I would have 6 ballasts of 55W it would be a big additionnal load on the system!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hid fogs

For the fogs, if you wanna go with HID's it's a lot easier than the head lights!
It's plug and play, the stock fog connector fits directly in the ballast. So no relay harness required.

So you can have a complete HID kit for about 50$!
Thanks for the good advice. Can you post a link for these $50 hid kits?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts