My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up Fri at dealership... Rhino. A little underpowered as the reviews said but wasn't expecting it to be a speed demon. So many bells and whistles. Not used to the engine run feature that cuts the engine down when stopped for a few seconds. Still feels like it stalls when it engages the low power mode. Wish you could turn off permanently. Love all the technology features.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Picked up Fri at dealership... Rhino. A little underpowered as the reviews said but wasn't expecting it to be a speed demon. So many bells and whistles. Not used to the engine run feature that cuts the engine down when stopped for a few seconds. Still feels like it stalls when it engages the low power mode. Wish you could turn off permanently. Love all the technology features.
What did you own previously since that will go a long way into your experience here with the Compass. After all, someone coming from say a a Mazda CX-3, might like this more than someone from a Range Rover Evoque.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What did you own previously since that will go a long way into your experience here with the Compass. After all, someone coming from say a a Mazda CX-3, might like this more than someone from a Range Rover Evoque.
I had a 2010 VW Tiguan SEL with 4motion all-wheel drive, panoramic sunroof, navigation. Fully-loaded for an 8 y.o. car. It had a 200 hp turbo 4. It was definitely faster 0-60. Loved the car but it was time. Didn't want to wait for the new redesigned Tiguan coming out this summer. Had previously owned a 98 Cherokee Classic and loved that as well. When I saw the new compass and what it offered for the price, it was an easy choice. Had been looking for a while and test drove the Mazda CX-5; Audi Q3 & Q5 and a few others. Once I added the features I liked, it pushed the price over what I wanted to spend on the Audi(s). Was leaning towards the Mazda 5 or 9 but went with the Compass. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes, there is... but you have to turn it off on every start... would be more convenient to be able to turn off permanently.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts