My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, here we go. Not the best pics but I am sure more will be coming. Here are the vitals:

Latitude (thought about the Limited but was afraid of the combination of dog nails and leather).

True blue pearl (really looks purple in a certain light....awesome).

FDII including the all-terrain tires, skid plates, etc. I put it in low coming down a steep hill and it was kind of cool with the hill descent brake thing, although also noisy.

Sun and sound (love the sunroof--didn't really need the 9 speaker BA system but am glad I got it--it sounds fantastic).

Uconnect 430 and Uconnect voice and bluetooth (today it read me my text messages and I've loaded all my tunes on the HDD--rocked out to some Berzerk on my cruise today--I say f**k it, before we kick the bucket, Life's too short to not go for broke!).

My initial review is that I love it. The acceleration, which I had worried a bit about based on professional reviews, is MORE than enough. I caught myself speeding several times just because it is so quick and quiet (at least compared to the '98 Tacoma I was moving from). I was also afraid of the CVT based on professional reviews but have decided they are clueless or looking for a sports car. I love the CVT--there is no untimely down or up shifting.

The ride is smooth. It handled a really rough fire road perfectly today--a few times there was bedrock (not rocks, but BEDROCK--I live in western Montana) jutting up through the dirt tracks and I held my breath as I went over them but no problems. Glad for the 9 inches of clearance. My dog fits perfectly in the passenger seat. I got a cheap Jeep seat cover for her seat to grab at least some of the dog hair.

Still thinking about some extended warranty (I know, I know, but I may keep it for 15 years--just like I did my last vehicle--and I think I can get the Mopar Maxcare lifetime thing for about 2400), roof crossbars, etc.

In short, LOVE IT!!! There are some jeep trails west of Missoula that I am going to try out on my next day off....

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
530 Posts
Very nice compass, When I got mine I wanted a red one, and the only ones they had at my dealership were black and white, although True blue looks really sharp.

Do you have any mods planned? There are quite a few things you can do do a compass, let me know if you have questions I've modified just about everything on my compass.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tyler. No big mods planned although I have considered a lift. For now, a hitch bike rack and crossbars are on the agenda, but not much else.

I watched a bunch of your videos while I was shopping--very cool. I am planning on hitting a couple of jeep trails west of Missoula and I'll take and post some video when I do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts