My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I am new to this forum but I ran into an issue recently. I noticed today that the little plastic lock insert on the rear driver side door is missing. It must have fallen out. I don't know where it is and I have gone and cleaned out my car trying to find it. I was trying to see if it is possible to get a new one but all I am finding is the whole door handle and I don't need that. Is there anywhere I can go to find just the little plastic lock inserts or is the only way to do it to order a whole new door handle? I put a picture of the drivers side door handle so that you can see what I am talking about.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Are you talking about the piece that I have covered with silver vinyl with a Willy's decal? I would think the dealer should be able to come up with the part number. I don't know if the front and back drivers side doors are the same. If so, there should be a part number on the pack of the piece.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I was needing the little insert of a lock that goes on the lock itself. I will check with the dealer tomorrow though and see if they can get me the part number. I didn't think of that.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I was needing the little insert of a lock that goes on the lock itself. I will check with the dealer tomorrow though and see if they can get me the part number. I didn't think of that.
I think you are out of luck on the lock icon. I thought you were talking about the cover plate in the recess there. That piece covers a screw that holds the inside door release handle and door panel in place. Because that icon wasn't easy to see, I covered ours with a red reflective dot. Makes it easy to see if the door is locked. You can get fancy and cover the whole area but I just used a paper punch to make the dot.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi there, I am new to this forum but I ran into an issue recently. I noticed today that the little plastic lock insert on the rear driver side door is missing. It must have fallen out. I don't know where it is and I have gone and cleaned out my car trying to find it. I was trying to see if it is possible to get a new one but all I am finding is the whole door handle and I don't need that. Is there anywhere I can go to find just the little plastic lock inserts or is the only way to do it to order a whole new door handle? I put a picture of the drivers side door handle so that you can see what I am talking about. View attachment 13337
No luck on finding these? I'd like to get my hands on some as well.

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Compass Trailhawk
681 Posts
Are you talking about the piece that I have covered with silver vinyl with a Willy's decal? I would think the dealer should be able to come up with the part number. I don't know if the front and back drivers side doors are the same. If so, there should be a part number on the pack of the piece.
View attachment 13338
Where did you get that piece?

·
Registered
400 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts