My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopped on the Plastidip wagon and sprayed the badges...next weekend I'll tackle the front grill (going to do it without removing them).

For those of you who haven't used Plastidip...this stuff is VERY easy to use. It's fool proof!

Tip for removing the dip on the inside of the letters (e, p, o, etc.) ... take a toothpick, scratch a bit off and start spinning the toothpick until it grabs on and starts pulling it all off. At first I was just scraping but this technique makes it MUCH easier.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hopped on the Plastidip wagon and sprayed the badges...next weekend I'll tackle the front grill (going to do it without removing th......QUOTE]

cool... preatty nice looking!!!!

some mfkr stole my front logo (wtf for?)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nicely done.

That's the road I went. Best part is if you want to go back, you just peel it off! Looks good!

I started, then took it further and blacked out all the chrome... Once you start, it's had to stop.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RCAF_JP - Definitely digging your black on black Compass! Very nice! I blacked out the chrome grill inserts a week later as well...ust didn't post a pic.

·
Registered
7 Posts
RCAF_JP - Definitely digging your black on black Compass! Very nice! I blacked out the chrome grill inserts a week later as well...ust didn't post a pic.
Thanks!

The hardest part for me is finding the OEM black bezel headlights. The dealership can only get the entire assembly (bulbs, wiring, etc, that I don't need) at the bargain price of $650 per side...:confused: Gonna have to hold out on that for now... or at least find a cheaper alternative.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts