My Jeep Compass Forum banner

Please help! 2014 Compass 2WD, 2.4L Fault Codes, No Acceleration!

5K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Jdf44 
#1 ·
I live in Alaska, the temps have been in the -10 to -15 range for the last week and my 2014 Jeep Compass (2.4L, 2WD) has been hard to start (not surprising), but even after it has warmed-up it occasionally bogs down while on the highway and won't accelerate. This happened a couple of time this week, and had not happened ever before. When it happens, the check engine light comes on and the ECM kicks the following codes...

P2110
U1417 - This is the first time seeing this code, but I believe it is related to the C100A below.
P2101
P2072
P0522 - I know this one is a sensor going bad
U0401
U0019
C100A - This code has popped before, but it has been almost a year since it last came up. I think the wheel sensor has a loose connection
C121C

I initially want to think that it is just ice causing the throttle control motor to stick and the ECM is reading the different position between the motor and the gas pedal, but it has me concerned that it could be the motor/sensor going bad.

Is there anyone out there who has had a similar experience? If so, what was the cause? And how would you recommend I go about determining the root cause?

I'm REALLY trying to avoid dumping more money into it than necessary!!!

Thanks!

See less See more
#3 ·
I live in Alaska, the temps have been in the -10 to -15 range for the last week and my 2014 Jeep Compass (2.4L, 2WD) has been hard to start (not surprising), but even after it has warmed-up it occasionally bogs down while on the highway and won't accelerate. This happened a couple of time this week, and had not happened ever before. When it happens, the check engine light comes on and the ECM kicks the following codes...

P2110
U1417 - This is the first time seeing this code, but I believe it is related to the C100A below.
P2101
P2072
P0522 - I know this one is a sensor going bad
U0401
U0019
C100A - This code has popped before, but it has been almost a year since it last came up. I think the wheel sensor has a loose connection
C121C

I initially want to think that it is just ice causing the throttle control motor to stick and the ECM is reading the different position between the motor and the gas pedal, but it has me concerned that it could be the motor/sensor going bad.

Is there anyone out there who has had a similar experience? If so, what was the cause? And how would you recommend I go about determining the root cause?

I'm REALLY trying to avoid dumping more money into it than necessary!!!

Thanks!
It sounds like to me that the acceleration control module is bad

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.