My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Jeep compass Limited, Wed it wouldn't start so we had it towed to the dealer, they diagnosed the problem saying the fuel pump needed to be replaced and the switch had been melted.......I got my car back yesterday with a brand new fuel pump, working fine all day today and tonight my car is doing the same thing and won't start $600 later and I am in the same freaking place I was 3 days ago!!!!!!! Anyone else have this problem????:nervous::confused::mad:

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Never had that problem, but I can only imagine your frustration! When you turn the key, is it doing anything? Sound like it's even trying to start? Try this, turn the key to the "on" position without starting the car. You should be able to hear the fuel pump kick on. If you don't hear anything, something is not working. Did they happen to check it for codes while they had it in the shop?

- Cherokee

·
Registered
205 Posts
Can you be specific on the switch that melted for the benefit of everyone please. tks

Also, how many miles did you have on the car when the pump supposedly failed. Perhaps the problem was misdiagnosed and it was not the pump at all. It could be something in the electrical circuit or inside the fusebox.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I would recommend:
- Check all wiring. loose connections, ground faults or similar
- Check pressure of the pump. Some garages have pressure gauges to check pressure gas. as soon you turn the key on you should have pressure on the gauge. (check youtube for videos, there are several for this).
- I´ve seen some post regarding failure of the check valve in the fuel system, or a inyector defective. check valve is ment for retain pressure when you need another start and not waiting until the pump fill all the circuits out.

i hope this helps.

regards,
Willy
:wjeep:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts